Senior Game AI Engineer - Simulation
6 months ago
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®
. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Senior Game AI Engineer, you will create the systems and tools to make AI agents with customizable traits a reality for a wide range of gameplay styles and genres. Your work in pathfinding, path planning, motion planning, reasoning and procedural behaviors will empower developers to create the illusion of intelligence and deepen the immersion of user generated games. The tools you create will carry with them the wisdom and best practices required to work efficiently. You will have the unique opportunity to be an early part of our team, in our mission to bring life to the metaverse.
- An experienced Game Engines engineer: You are proficient in C++, multithreading, 3D math and data structures.
- A Game AI nerd: You are familiar with different paradigms, data representations, tools, tricks and techniques.
- Creative: You enjoy exploring new solutions to difficult problems.
- A team player: You have a positive attitude, communicate well, motivate and efficiently collaborate with other team members.
- Eager to learn: You have a curious mind, and stay informed.
- Work on game AI systems that must run efficiently on all platforms and will reach millions of players.
- Self-organize and take ownership of projects throughout their lifecycle.
- Prototype new ideas and evaluate them.
- Create demos to showcase what is possible.
- Experience working with multiplayer games.
- Experience working with Lua.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination