Senior GL Payroll Accountant
26 days ago
AppLovin accelerates business growth with market leading technologies. AppLovin’s end-to-end software solutions support profitable growth by optimizing monetization and by using powerful machine learning to make data-driven marketing decisions. AppLovin partners with businesses to deliver personalized experiences at a massive global scale. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with several offices globally.
To deliver on this mission, our global team is composed of team members with life experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives that mirror our developers and customers around the world. At AppLovin, we are intentional about the team and culture we are building, seeking candidates who are outstanding in their own right and also demonstrate their support of others. Equality is essential to our purpose – our people are key to cultivating a culture of belonging where employees can engage as their true selves.
Fortune recognized AppLovin as one of the Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2022, and is a Certified Great Place to Work in 2021, 2022 and 2023. Check out the rest of our awards HERE .
We are looking for a highly capable payroll GL accountant to manage our payroll general ledger processes for US and International. In this role, your duties will include ensuring accurate and timely processing of all payroll related journals into the Netsuite accounting system. This will include payroll accruals, monthly reconciliation of certain accounts, and flux analysis. The candidate should have experience and familiarity with payroll processing, knowledge of accounting and regulations, and possess a strong computer and verbal/written communication skills.
The payroll GL accountant should be prompt, detail oriented, professional, analytical and can multitask with deadlines.
- Preparing payroll ledger entries extracted from ADP Workforcenow GLI system for US and International payroll.
- Complying with all company, local, state, and federal accounting and financial regulations.
- Compiling, analyzing, and reporting payroll financial data.
- Creating periodic reports, such as balance sheets, profit & loss statements, etc.
- Perform monthly reconciliations and flux analysis.
- Working closely with the payroll processors and accounting team
- Maintaining accurate financial records.
- Performing audits and resolving discrepancies.
- Work with auditors/managements when needed during audit
- An associate's or bachelor's degree in accounting.
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) will be advantageous.
- A minimum of three years' experience as a Payroll Accountant, or in a similar role.
- Proficiency in Payroll Software such as ADP Workforcenow, Workday HRIS system and Netsuite
- Proficient with Microsoft business suite
- Extensive experience in preparing ledger entries, reconciliation of payroll accounts.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
AppLovin provides a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance rewards approach. The expected base pay range for this [CA based or North America based] position is $92,000 - $141,000. Base compensation at AppLovin is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Depending on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and other benefits.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
AppLovin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about EEO rights as an applicant here
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AppLovin will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you’re applying for a position in California, learn more here
If you are a California resident, read our CA Privacy Notice
to learn more about how AppLovin processes your personal information.