Senior Fullstack JS Developer
12 days ago
Madbox is a mobile gaming company, creating and publishing its own games worldwide. Since 2018 Madbox has gathered more than 300 million players, still growing. We are looking for top talents with mad skills, a mad passion and a mad ambition to join us.
Madbox is a fast-growing mobile gaming company with a very unique way of developing games. Everything has been made for teams to take as much ownership as possible, unleash their creativity, bring performance, and have as much fun as possible.
In July 2022, we launched our Pocket Champs game worldwide which quickly became one of the top-grossing games in its category. We are now entering a new era where we aim at becoming the next Gaming Hit Factory.
Today, we’ve around 80 talents in France and Spain united around four core values:
- Explore together
- Learn fast
- Be thoughtfully candid
- Share (Y)our Journey
All that growth is only possible because we’ve built in-house automation tools to support our Production & Ops teams in their day-to-day execution. For example, we’ve automated the way we are managing campaigns and budgets on all our partner UA networks, how we manage creatives upload, how we manage bidding automation (based on the great work of our Data Science team). We’ve also made a lot of internal analytics platforms to make sure that information about our financial and gameplay performance is available to anyone in the company. All these tools are considered as real “Products” of the company and aim at providing a better experience than what external tools would provide.
What will you do ?
- Build from the ground up new automation products as part of our internal web platform or improve existing tools.
- Exchange with our Head of Automation Products about what the vision is for the products to implement and what needs to be done on the day to day.
- Exchange with the Ops and Production teams to understand their needs and their business logic to better challenge the products we implement and provide the best UX possible.
- Exchange with our Data team to sync about the solutions they have put in place and that need to be consumed by your products.
- Exchange with the rest of the team, the Lead Perf Automation Developer and our CTO about what are the best practices when developing our products and help defining the guidelines to be shared among the team.
- Share your knowledge and expertise with the rest of the team to contribute to their growth.
- Build APIs and Website in Typescript using Express.js and React.js
- Build small typescript modules to be shared among our web projects so the whole team can benefit from them.
- Exchange with several kinds of databases : MongoDb, BigQuery, MySQL.
- Integrate APIs from our partners when they exist or find other crafty ways to interact with our partners (Reverse Engineering, Crawling, Browsing Automation)
- Contribute to our CI tools to automate the way our projects are deployed on the Cloud.
- Improve our monitoring tools to make sure our services are always online and functional.
- Review the work produced by the team to make sure that it’s consistent, and make the necessary feedback for the team to improve their skills.
- Experience with interacting with databases
- Knowledge in SQL.
- Experience with Express.js and React.js is nice to have.
- Experience with MongoDB and BigQuery is nice to have.
- You can work both on Frontend websites and backend APIs without any trouble.
- Fluent in English, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to provide a good level of service to your teammates in the Ops and Production teams.
- You’ve got a good UX sense and can challenge the way our products are designed.
- You’re quick at building prototypes to technically validate a solution.
- You can also spend the right amount of time polishing a project to have a nice UX.
- You’re efficient in bug tracking even if your code is mostly bug free.
- Willingness to learn and shares your knowledge.
- A team player with a positive and humble attitude
- Interest in video games and more generally in tech.
What do we offer ?
- A competitive compensation, a transparent grid shared for each Madboxer to allow frequent evolutions
- Team profit sharing as it will always be a collective success, we share what we create all together
- Private medical cover, because your health should always come first
- Lunch coupons - joining Madbox means joining a group of foodies
- Regular team events where you will discover where the "mad" of Madbox comes from !
- Remote policy : 3 days at the office, 2 days at home (every week you can choose the day you want to work remotely)
Our Recruiting Process
Madbox is a fast-growing mobile game company based in Paris and Barcelona, creating and publishing its own games. The story of Madbox started when two video game studios fell in love with each other during the summer 2018.
A few months after the beginning of this promance , Madbox first in-house titles hit the top charts of the App Store and Google Play Store worldwide, ranking in #1 positions in more than 100 countries. Since then, Madbox has gathered more than 300 million players, still growing fast. To fuel this creative and operations growth, Madbox develops cutting-edge automation systems internally to shorten production times and drive accurately its performance at large scale.
Madbox will collect your personal data for the purposes of managing our recruitment related activities. That is why, Madbox may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants. Your information will be accessible to recruiting & people teams in Paris & Barcelona. By applying, you expressly give your consent.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.