Senior Fullstack Engineer - Monopoly GO!
16 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer to join our Monopoly GO! team in Seville on a hybrid basis.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
Monopoly GO! is our new casual game and a key franchise that has just become Scopely’s largest game, enjoyed by millions of players. The team is based in Europe and the US, and works every day to create captivating new experiences for our players.
What You’ll Do
- Driving the implementation of online game mechanics and system processes using Unity and C#
- Ensuring technical performance is “Best-in-Class” throughout development
- Writing automated, high-quality tests (unit, integration,load, etc.) and working with QA teams to improve gameplay experience, curtail exploits and ensure that everything works smoothly
- Working closely with feature owners, the game design team and other development teams to implement new features and technological pipelines for Monopoly GO!
- Reviewing Technical Design Documents, Code Reviews and test suites to collaborate and share feedback with other engineers
- Collaborating and communicating with cross-functional departments including: game design, qa, etc.
- Participating in a strong engineering team and culture
- Live game support & troubleshooting
- Contributing to technical plans and discussing the workflows and requirements with stakeholders
- Implementing tools to empower our liveops and game design teams in the creation of new and exciting game-play experiences
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years as part of a professional game development team or other relevant area
- Our codestack is entirely C# based so we’re looking for experience in one of the following areas and a drive to learn more
- Extensive experience with Unity, including proficiency in C# scripting and a deep understanding of the Unity Editor and development tools.
- Strong expertise in building backend systems using C# and familiarity with designing and working with APIs.
- Extra points for both!
- Solid knowledge of software engineering principles, design patterns, and best practices for scalable and maintainable code
- Previous experience working on mobile game projects is desirable
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with a keen eye for detail and a proactive mindset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Passion for staying updated on emerging technologies and a drive to innovate within the game development industry
- Experience building your own games as personal projects or game jams
- Experience with asset pipelines: asset bundles, dependency management, etc
- Mobile experience (iOS and Android): ability to debug native device issues, strong understanding of hardware and platform limitations, performance metrics, etc
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kibana, Ansible
- Experience with automated testing
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.