This job might no longer be available.
Senior Full stack Engineer
24 days ago
Gala is creating entertainment that empowers on the blockchain. Across our family of brands including Games, Music, Film and VOX, we’re empowering creators and fans to build the future of entertainment.
Powered by talent from around the globe, our fully remote organization believes in making bold moves to create products that have never been seen before in the marketplace. Gala was founded by Eric Schiermeyer (gaming legend and co-founder of Zynga), and Michael McCarthy (the Creative Director behind viral gaming hits such as Farmville 2). Since then, Gala has grown to be a leader in Web3 entertainment.
Under the Gala brand, we have a growing roster of reputable partners across Gaming and Entertainment including DreamWorks, AMC and NBCU. Plus, legendary game developers Peter Molyneux and Will Wright, as well as music greats like Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Kings of Leon and BT.
Our values are based on openness and ownership and the ability to deliver games, experiences, and opportunities to people worldwide. We are breaking down barriers to bring our communities joy, entertainment, and real-world value.
At Gala, we work remotely with flexibility; we have a great time with our colleagues and love getting things done. While working here, you'll imagine and create new and exciting things for the world to enjoy. Your talents and efforts will improve our audiences' lives in the real world.
And this is just the beginning…
We are excitedly looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer to join our fantastic Entertainment Engineering team. As a Senior Full Stack Web Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining our web applications, ensuring that they are efficient, user-friendly, and functional. You will also be responsible for designing, testing, and implementing new features.
This is a unique opportunity to be immersed in a phenomenal team working on the evolution of entertainment, working on new and exciting things all while working with some of the best and most talented devs in the industry. Read on and apply to be a part of the gaming evolution!
- Self-driven, adopt fast paced environments where priorities and requirements may change frequently
- Aggressively Automate: Design fault-tolerant systems first and then aggressively automate tooling as the use cases become more well-defined.
- Have a very product and customer focused mindset.
- Identify and Work on Emerging Opportunities: Cryptocurrency continues to accelerate. As the use cases become well-defined, they will roll forward into emergent protocols and opportunities.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience working with TypeScript, NodeJS, Vue/Nuxt3, React (TailwindCSS knowledge is a plus)
- Strong understanding of data structures, logic, algorithms, optimization and writing clean, maintainable software, including documentation
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB and relational databases like PostgreSQL
- Experience with continuous integration, and deployment, debugging, and monitoring performance.
- Positive and articulate communication and interpersonal skills, both spoken and written
- Capable of managing multiple deliverables and completing assigned tasks efficiently and independently.
- Self-motivated, stellar work ethic, fun collaborator
- Excited by problem-solving
Nice-to-Have Skills and Qualifications
- Vue3, Nuxt3 and TailwindCSS
- Sanity CMS
- Experience with MongoDB
- Strong AWS experience. AWS certification is a plus.
- Basic blockchain and smart contract knowledge
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Gala is an equal opportunity employer and adopts a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all current and prospective employees regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse workforce because, in our view, diversity enables better business outcomes. We also believe that a more inclusive workplace, where people of different backgrounds work together, ensures better outcomes for all staff. From application to interview, we place inclusion at the heart of all we do.
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working Hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote and Location Independence
- US Based Employees 100% covered for employees (Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program and several
If you have the experience, passion and drive to join our team then please submit a resume by clicking the apply button below!
Gala does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies. Gala will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.