This job might no longer be available.
Full-Stack Engineer - Monopoly GO!
20 days agoScopely is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer to join our Monopoly GO! team in the US.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
Monopoly GO! is our new casual game and a key franchise that has just become one of Scopely’s largest games with more than 5M DAUs. The team is based in Europe and the US, and works every day to create captivating new experiences for our players.
What You Will Do
You will have the opportunity to work in one of our game teams, developing new features with our talented team and contributing to a game that is played by millions of players around the world. You will be responsible for:
What We’re Looking For
- Working closely with feature owners, the game design team and other development teams to implement new features and technological pipelines for Monopoly GO!
- Driving the implementation of online game mechanics and system processes using Unity and C#
- Ensuring technical performance is “Best-in-Class” throughout development
- Writing automated, high-quality tests (unit, integration,load, etc.) and working with QA teams to improve gameplay experience, curtail exploits and ensure that everything works smoothly
- Reviewing Technical Design Documents and provide feedback and guidance to other engineers
- Collaborating and communicating with cross-functional departments including: game design, qa, etc.
- Participating in a strong engineering team and culture
- Live game support & troubleshooting
- Contributing to technical plans and discussing the workflows and requirements with stakeholders
- Implementing tools to empower our liveops and game design teams in the creation of new and exciting game-play experiences
- 5+ years as part of a professional game development team or other relevant area
- Mastery of C# or another OO language, including experience with asynchronous and multi-threaded programming paradigms
- Experience with and knowledge of Unity Game Engine or a similar technology (i.e. Unreal Engine)
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing (AWS, GCP...) and low-latency, high-scale distributed systems
- Strong computer science and engineering fundamentals (data structures, concurrency, design patterns, algorithms)
- Strong understanding of game framework architecture at scale, maintainability over time, robust API design, etc.
- Strong knowledge of application design best patterns and practices; understanding of maintainability concerns when designing and implementing applications, both for server and client
- Solid understanding of mobile networking best practices: request limiting, request caching, batching, content aggregation, minification, integrating with rest and TCP/UDP services, etc.
- Experience with asynchronous, multi-threaded, parallel programming paradigms and other techniques to maximize UI responsiveness and do operations in background
- Experience and understanding around client-side testing, like unit, functional or integration testing
- Enjoy solving complex technical problems, especially in large systems
- Willingness to learn and work with new technologies
- You’re a great tech communicator who knows how to share knowledge with non-technical people
- You have a desire to seek out and take on user feedback to drive world class application development
- A passion for games
For candidates in CA, CO, NJ, NY and WA, the annual salary range is $112,500 - $185,500 plus equity, bonus and benefits including healthcare benefits, retirement benefits, pet insurance, paid holidays, paid Scopely free days, and unlimited paid time-off. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure! About Us:
- Experience building your own games as personal projects or game jams
- Experience with asset pipelines: asset bundles, dependency management, etc
- Mobile experience (iOS and Android): ability to debug native device issues, strong understanding of hardware and platform limitations, performance metrics, etc
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kibana, Ansible
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience managing people, driving 1:1s and performance reviews, doing follow ups and providing regular feedback to direct reports
- Experience driving and leading the technical execution of complex and interdisciplinary developments
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.