This job might no longer be available.
Senior Full Stack Engineer, Game Engine Tools
4 months ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer on the Game Engine Tools Team, you will build amazing web applications, command line tools, and automation that make engineers more efficient and productive. You will be comfortable working on all parts of our technology stack, managing a product from start to finish, holding a high technical bar, and working with team members to establish architectures. We are focused on building best in class tools that get out of the way of engineers using them so that everything just works. If you are an engineer who likes to build cool things that help other people build cool things, you'll be right at home on the Game Engine Tools team.
• Full Stack engineer interested in both front and back-end development
• 4+ years of industry experience
• Experience with UI scripting languages
• Experience with compiled languages such as C#, Java or Golang
• Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, and monitored code
• You are a collaborative team member
• Product-minded with an interest in understanding the end-user
• Translate requirements into scalable design and code
• A mentor to other engineers
• You will report to the Engineering Manager
• You will be based at our HQ in San Mateo, CA
You Might Have:
• Familiarity with a UI frameworks (React / Redux)
• Experience with a web application frameworks (Rails, Django, Express)
Experience building wireframes is appreciated
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$218,540 — $283,780 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.