Senior Frontend Developer [Scalar]
4 days ago
At Ubisoft Stockholm we’re exploring what’s possible with Scalar (our new cloud technology), reclaiming our playful curiosity, and building the future of games.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Frontend Developer to help investigate, design, and implement how our game developers will interact with and experience Scalar . You’ll play a significant role in the development of our new cloud tech, and help make it accessible to a wider audience across our game dev. teams.
By placing microservices independently in the cloud, Ubisoft Scalar enables our game developers to update and improve services without impacting others, or even add new features & components to a game without interrupting play sessions.
Ubisoft Scalar’s purpose is to remove technical constraints, enabling our game devs. to focus on creativity and design for never-before-seen player experiences.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Implementing, testing, and maintaining the UI for Scalar
- Interfacing backend systems to provide a streamlined self-service experience for our game developers
- Collaborating with UX Design, Product Managers, and Backend Developers
- Designing a modular extensible framework, that allows our developers to extend the functionality of the frontend using clear and consistent APIs
What You’ll Bring
- Familiar with at least one front-end framework such as React, Vue.js, or Svelte
- Experience collaborating with backend programmers and REST APIs
- Experience with frontend microservices, and knowledge of associated tech solutions, scalability concerns, and problem domain
- Previous experience/collaboration with UI/UX design and accessibility
- You’re happy expressing yourself in English and look forward to collaborating in a creative and international environment.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission – to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
We’re also a distributed workforce with a hybrid setup, and in 2023 our main hideout will be at Fenix Stockholm, a re-imagined modern office in the inner-city district of Hagastaden.
If you have any questions about this new opportunity or our Stockholm studio, you can reach out to Sebastian Couzens (Talent Acquisition Partner), or simply apply to make it yours!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.