Senior Front-End Software Engineer
9 days ago
Founded in 2016 by childhood friends and business partners Ryan Hogan and Derrick Smith, Hunt A Killer is a fast-growing entertainment company disrupting conventional storytelling by delivering immersive, interactive entertainment experiences to over 100,000 subscribers worldwide.
Hunt A Killer started as a single event that blended the concepts of escape rooms, interactive theater, and live entertainment by engaging participants in a 200-acre living crime scene. From that first foray into entertainment, we learned invaluable lessons, including how to truly immerse our audience in our experiences and the importance of learning from our audience. In October 2016, Hunt A Killer launched our flagship monthly subscription box to 56 subscribers. Hunt A Killer has continued to learn and grow, evolving its products and distribution model to double our business year-over-year. Today, we ship 150,000 episodic and complete mystery game boxes direct to consumers each month and sell purpose-built games through retail channels. In 2019, Hunt A Killer was named one of Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies, and in 2020, we placed 6th in the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Companies.
Hunt A Killer is now working on additional ways to distribute our revolutionary content including licensing and digital channels, to immerse more people in our stories. With this in mind and a course set for the horizon, we continue building a diverse team of creative decision-makers because together, we can do anything!
Hunt A Killer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. Our goal is to build a great team – with a great team, we can accomplish anything!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a Senior Front-End Software Engineer to join the Technology team, who will have responsibilities across the full software development lifecycle. You will be primarily focused on helping raise the bar for our immersive websites and online games. You will be developing using frameworks and tools such as React JS, React Native, Microsoft Bot Framework and new technologies as our offerings continue to grow. Development activities will include working with business SMEs to understand requirements and working with like-minded team members to apply best practices such as SOA, Agile, and TDD/BDD to daily development activities.
YOU'RE THRILLED ABOUT THIS ROLE BECAUSE YOU WILL
- Love solving problems, have a love for programming, and enjoy working in a small team environment
- Be constantly thinking of ways to use to code to make products and processes better
- Be constantly focused on finding the right solutions for some of the most challenging problems
- Rally the team around you to keep pushing when everyone throws their hands in the air in frustration – because, after all it takes a team to launch things successfully. And of course… working at a gaming company is a big plus for you!
WE'RE THRILLED TO WELCOME YOU TO THE TEAM BECAUSE YOU HAVE
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field from an accredited college or university
- Sufficient experience developing and deploying applications in Heroku and Azure
- RESTful web services development and integration experience
- Demonstrated proficiency working on development platforms, using multiple programming languages
- The ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- A high comfort level of experience with source control solutions such as Git/GitHub
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to identify and communicate potential issues while determining solutions
- Excellent development estimation skills
- Demonstrated understanding of development standards and expectations for deliverables
- The ability to adapt to and embrace new situations, changing priorities, and emerging technologies
- The ability to work on teams with diverse skills backgrounds
- Must have the ability to work under pressure but continue to think clearly and provide support or guidance to team members during challenging projects and schedules
- Demonstrated proficiency working collaboratively with less-technical teams across the software development life cycle
YOU'LL LOVE HUNT A KILLER BECAUSE WE
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Are a diverse team and a values-driven company offering an entrepreneurial, creative and operationally-focused work environment
- Believe our team builds this company - without YOU there is no US!
- Are passionate about innovations in entertainment and are obsessed with member satisfaction
- Are a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity
- Are committed to a high level of employee engagement and satisfaction by offering competitive and evolving benefits including:
Financial: Market competitive total compensation package, Pre-tax and Roth 401k options with a Company match
Health Benefits: Comprehensive insurance package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long-Term Disability (LTD) and Life Insurance. We cover 100% for employees.
Perks: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Quarterly Community Give Back and Team Building Events, and Free Subscription for One (1) year
Work/Life: WFH stipend, Flexible Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, Mental Health Days and Paid Parental Leave
Hunt A Killer is an EOE M/F/D/V.