This job might no longer be available.
Senior Front-End Developer
2 months ago
WebServices/Ubisoft Kyiv is looking for an experienced front-end developer for designing and developing innovative client-side web applications. You will be working in a fast-paced international environment on interesting projects and gain invaluable knowledge and expertise along the way.
Kyiv web-services is a part of the global Online Services domain aimed on delivering solutions both to our players and internal customers (brand groups, marketing, event groups, games development group). We are aimed towards building mature technical expertise and processes, striving for excellence in what we do, delivering sustainably and collaborating with groups from Montreal, Paris, Malmo, and Bucharest. We are more the center of technical expertise than just extension or on-demand development. The focus for us is product development as such, you are free to propose solutions, technologies, and infrastructures to support the product vision.
We are now hiring people to initiate the direction in Kyiv. You’ll work in the product lifecycle starting from MVP and extending to full-fledged product delivery. Our consumers: esports players, pro-gamers, beginners, parents. At this stage, the Kyiv web-services transforms and structures around a multi-project setup, as such it is a unique opportunity for you to join the emerging structure and to contribute your ideas in a productive and accepting environment.
- Design, code and test technical solutions while seeking optimal performance and structuring
- Define and implement technical solutions that answer best clients’ needs
- Establish responsible deadlines and personal work plans and manage time effectively
- Work with Project Managers to build project plans and estimations
- Propose ideas of improvement of the applications, procedures and technologies used
- Proactively seek opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies
- Collaborate with other development groups to build reusable, shared code and libraries for future use
- Work with our operation groups to deploy and support applications
- Knowledge of development aiding tools (Babel, JSLint, Webpack, npm, Jest, Gitlab CI, git)
- Experience working on high visibility, complex web sites
- Ability to work with agile methodology
- Good command of English
- Mongo, Express, Node stack experience
- Extensive experience in performance optimization
- Experience with other UI frameworks (Angular4+, Vue)
- Problem-solving and open-minded
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Sense of initiative, attention to details
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken
- Updating job knowledge proactively
- Analytical and synthesis skills
- Being comfortable with debugging unfamiliar code
- Passion for making and playing games
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Ubisoft’s 19,000 professionals, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity company that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and community can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.