This job might no longer be available.
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, Corporate Strategy
San Francisco, CA, United States
6 months ago
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re democratizing development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community.
Unity is looking for a Senior Business Intelligence (“BI”) Analyst to join our FP&A Team. In this role, you will partner closely with finance teams and business leaders to drive the quality, speed, and actionability of our business insights and deepen the quality of our financial analytics and insight toolkit. You will have the opportunity to develop and build a new business intelligence led processes and systems that will rapidly deliver business insights to our leaders. This is a key role and will help ensure alignment on metrics across the company and drive key projects as we continue the rapid growth of our business across existing and new products and markets.
This role will report into our Senior Manager, Finance BI and Analytics team.
- Help evolve the vision, strategy, and implementation of business intelligence and analytics within Unity’s Finance team
- Lead organization wide initiatives to develop new processes, define business success, connect databases or alternative data sources for analysis, and streamline existing processes relating to financial reporting
- Design, develop, and deliver insightful financial reports, KPIs, dashboards, and visual forward analyses for executive leadership decision making
- Drive data-driven business decisions by providing actionable insight and analysis to multiple internal teams including Sales, Marketing, R&D, Customer Support, and Finance
- Collaborate cross-functionally as the subject matter expert on business strategy and primary growth drivers to monitor and advise on the health of developed, nascent businesses, and address tough business issues
- Provide in-depth analysis and commentary on financial performance and root cause variances to forecasts
- Drive process improvement initiatives such as reporting automation/evolution and integrated forecasting/planning
- Prior experience in planning, business intelligence, data analytics, finance, accounting, strategy, and/or consulting functions
- Strong understanding of efficient architecting, ETL, and documentation best practices with BigQuery/Data Studio, Looker, or other visualization tools. Ability to leverage our data pipeline to develop cadenced reports and drive bespoke analysis for Finance
- Strong ability to quickly grasp business team goals/KPIs, provide analysis to drive success, work at all levels of the organization gathering requirements and communicating outputs, and translate data into insight, distilling complex trends and business drivers into actionable insight
- Experience in SQL with ability to translate business needs and offline financial models into performant, scalable code
- Proactive transformation of complex and ambiguous datasets to distill data into insight, create reports and analysis that tell the story behind the numbers to cross-functional business partners and executive leadership
- Data exploration and analysis experience using popular statistical packages such as R or Python
- Experience in SaaS, video games, or technology
- Adaptive Planning, Netsuite, and/or Workday
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.