Senior Financial Analyst
19 days ago
We’re EA—one of the world’s largest video game publishers. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games and services for every platform—from mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
EA was founded by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and we—have expanded immensely. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. We are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
This Senior Financial Analyst reports to a Finance Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis located in Cologne, Germany and is a chance to be a collaborative partner and trusted advisor for the Global Marketing Activation team within Marketing Communications (Marcom) and Global Brand Management (GBM). Marcom plans and execution of long-term strategic marketing initiatives for all franchises across the globe. The GBM team are the general managers of our brands partnering to provide exceptional player experiences.
The Senior Financial Analyst role will support our Global Sports Marketing Activation teams (e.g. FIFA, Madden, NHL), focusing especially on partnerships, club & player deals and our Global Brand Management teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Build relationships with partners and actively collaborate to work toward a goal
- Prepares and assists with financial analysis focused on a variety of areas such as maximizing profitability or resource allocation
- Prepare and hold business reviews for leaders focused on the story (not just data) with clear insights and recommendations
- Drive results by partnering on business-related projects such as modeling business scenarios and tracking performance metrics
Financial Close, Forecasting, Reporting and Analysis
- Oversee the financial forecast and provide analysis to highlight variance drivers and identify opportunities to mitigate risk / improve performance
- Manage purchase order approvals, budgeted spend tracking, monthly close activities, and the tracking of marketing commitments. Set control processes in place to manage spending within plan and to ensure contractual commitments are met
- Monthly consolidation reporting of EA sports activation including R&Os
- Partner with the Accounting group to manage Close deliverables, timelines, process and reporting
- Design and implement reporting tools
Promote FP&A Excellence
- Identify and lead projects to improve and automate forecasting and reporting processes
- Challenge status quo and provide alternative solutions
Preferred Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 4 years of related financial experience
- Experience with P&L management, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis
- Proficiency in Accounting and general GAAP knowledge
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint require. Knowledge in Hyperion Essbase, Tableau and Oracle preferred