Senior Financial Analyst
19 days ago
Job Title:Senior Financial Analyst
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide.
Blizzard Entertainment has an immediate opening for a Senior Financial Analyst. You will assist our eSports division with their forecast and annual budgeting processes. In addition, this person will provide financial strategic support to management including preparing financial presentations, financial analysis, and other projects requested by management.
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial and operating reports including, but not limited to, monthly operating statements, forecasts, monthly variance analysis, and budget data.
- Perform month/quarter/annual close activities which include analyzing accounts, making journal entries, performing account reconciliations, preparing reports and financial statements, and resolving issues as needed
- You will participate in the preparation of monthly forecasts, annual budgets, cost trackers, and long-range plans.
- Assist in the development and production of monthly dashboard reports, providing regular updates on YTD, QTD, and MTD performance to management.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, expenses, and capital expenditures.
- You will help streamline procedures and improve system efficiencies.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlight trends, and analyze causes of unexpected variance.
- You will support the management team and department heads with ad hoc analysis, reporting, and special projects as needed.
- Assist in preparing presentations and supporting materials for management.
- Additional departmental duties as needed and assigned, of which the above are representative.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related areas
- 3+ years accounting & finance experience, preferably at a publicly traded company
- The highest standards of accuracy and attention to detail in a dynamic, multitasking environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills at coordinating and consolidating inputs across multiple functions
- Validated ability to roll up sleeves and work in a hands-on capacity
- Teammate capable of communicating and collaborating across global and cross-functional partners
- Knowledge of general accounting and financial planning
- Able to vary work hours as needed to collaborate with global teammates
- Able to work independently, with limited direction
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Hyperion and Essbase
- Experience in eSports, video game, software, or entertainment industries
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.