Senior Financial Analyst, Studios
13 days ago
We’re EA—the world’s leading video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Apex Legends, Battlefield, Need for Speed, and Star Wars, to name but a few. We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
Our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team provides strategic and financial partnership to EA’s Leadership team. We achieve this through engaging with our partners to understand our broad strategy, analyzing data, and delivering insights to guide EA’s performance.
The Senior Financial Analyst role offers an excellent opportunity to learn about our operations and be a collaborative partner and trusted advisor for the Studio Data and Insights (SDI) and User Experience Research (UXR) teams. You will report to a Finance Manager in EA Studios.
What You’ll Do:
You will partner with the Studio Data and Insights Leadership and UXR teams based in Europe and North America, to lead across all financial elements associated with the delivery of their strategies.
- Provide partnership to SDI and UXR Leaderships and EA Studios
- Perform the ongoing requirements for monthly close, which includes accruals, reclasses, headcount reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations, and variance analysis, and proactively managing risks and opportunities.
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis to support our partners
Major Functions & Related Activities:
- Align with functional leaders on specific funding proposals
- Partner with leadership to set and manage budgets across all projects and titles
- Support to leadership on investment and project decisions
- Provide regular financial visibility with regards to Outlook, Risk and Opportunities
- Support ad-hoc projects to improve processes and performance
- Improve internal finance workflows
- Anticipate risks and partner with the leadership to identify trade-offs to de-risk and maintain financial goals
Experiences / Capabilities:
- 3 -5 years’ experience financial analysis and management reporting experience.
- Experience using tools, processes, and teamwork to work at scale
Preferred Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration (CPA, MBA preferred)
- Experience with P&L management, budgeting, forecasting and analysis
- Experience in Accounting and general GAAP knowledge
- Excellent MS excel and PowerPoint expertise,
- Knowledge in Hyperion Essbase and Oracle
- Maintain complex financial models