This job might no longer be available.
Senior Finance Manager, R&D
San Francisco, CA, United States
4 months ago
Unity enables the democratization of game development with tools that help developers create immersive experiences and connect millions of users across over 25 hardware platforms. Unity’s market share is more than 45% of the full feature game engine market (source: McKinsey), with more than 5M registered Unity developers. Every quarter Unity powered games are installed nearly 5 billion times on over 2.4 billion unique devices, making it one of the largest mobile platforms in the world.
As a rapid-growing industry leader, Unity relies on FP&A to coordinate, roll-up, and balance initiatives across its multiple businesses, and to provide its executives with data-driven decision support. In this role, Unity is looking for a passionate self-starter to join the FP&A team to act as the business partner for the R&D organization.
- Partner with the Head of FP&A and the global R&D and engineering team to help inform key operating and investment decisions
- Facilitate the linkage between key product initiatives, investment requirements and associated financial outcomes with clear and measurable KPIs. Drive high quality and timely analyses that contribute to the success of these outcomes
- Build and maintain forecast models to support near and long-term forecasts for the R&D team and relevant dependencies
- Own the monthly close and all forecasting/planning efforts for the R&D organization. Prepare variance commentary when needed to inform outcomes and assumptions
- Lead and support any ad hoc projects as needed
- Support broader FP&A initiatives including driving efficiency and scaling processes across Unity
- Gain and maintain a sold understanding of Unity’s business
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similarly quantitative/analytical degrees
- 5+ years of experience with a strong focus on Financial Planning & Analysis at a top tier Technology company
- Preference given to experience in operating in high growth environments
- Proactive approach, strong positive attitude, intellectual curiosity and team player
- Astute at business partnering with ability to gain credibility and influence
- Ability to deliver high quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in partnering with Engineering / R&D teams a plus
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.