Senior Finance Manager - Games
13 days ago
Senior Finance Manager – Games
Kingsters in Finance are a truly commercial bunch. We focus on using our unique view into the numbers to see trends and opportunities that are developing within King and devise innovative solutions to complex problems in forecasting, accounting, compliance, and project management.
Your role within our Kingdom
This is an exciting time for King Finance, and we are looking for an experienced Senior Finance Manager to join our team to support and help drive our hit games.
- Providing our business leaders with insightful financial analysis on revenue to improve business performance and support decision making
- Integrating finance into the business by providing value through provision of quality, accurate information showing performance against plans with variance, identifying key drivers supported by analysis
- Developing and maintaining dashboards, bi- weekly flash forecasts, quarterly forecasts and annual budgets for revenue
- Forecasting new product launches using internal/external benchmarks and knowledge of product strategy to evaluate and steer risk profile
- Developing the long- range financial plan from a product performance perspective and ensuring integration and consistency with the business strategy.
- Preparing monthly reporting packs containing both financial and non- financial KPIs, and insightful commentary
- Modelling, creating, and maintaining Budget & Forecast models to support the planning processes for revenue, marketing, operating costs and headcount
- Investigating causes and drivers of performance changes on a Company (Network) level, often collaborating with varied stakeholders across the business to determine conclusions and action findings
- Performing competitor/market analysis to highlight opportunities to leadership and the business to drive actionable business insights and inform forecasting projections
- Serving as Financial Analytics/Dashboard Expert, ensuring alignment and integration of King’s financial data with the business use and interpretation of data, navigating a rich data ecosystem with disparate and varied sources
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting as required, including supporting the management team, the finance team and for board reporting
Skills to create thrills
You will have experience within a global mobile gaming company or a company with a similar business model, in a fast- paced, dynamic industry. You should have an understanding of the full range of revenue drivers and marketing channels open to an online business like ours.
- Strong commercial acumen, and demonstrable experience of understanding relationships between key financial and non- financial business drivers
- The Ability and drive to lead process improvements and drive efficiencies across ways of working
- The ability to support in modelling, planning and packaging budget and forecasting decks for presentation to board level
- The ability to support on delivery of regular forecasting for internal and external stakeholders
- Able to maintain quality work and meet rigorous deadlines
- Advanced excel modelling skills is a requisite
- Good experience of Oracle & Hyperion (or similar systems)
- Ability to research, extract and understand relevant data
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal. Able to present complex issues in clear, simple language
- Confidence and gravitas in collaborating with and challenging senior leadership
- Fast learner and ability to pick up complex work quickly and with accuracy
FP&A Team Values
- Ownership and Accountability
- Commercial and Curious
- Proactive and Forward- Thinking
- Improving and Evolving
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com