Senior Finance Executive (Chartered Accountant)
2 days ago
Job Title - Senior Finance Executive / Chartered Accountant
Reports Into - Head of Finance (UK)
Location - Hybrid / Bangalore
A Little Bit about Kwalee….
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 900 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
What’s In It For You?
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As Senior Finance Executive (Chartered Accountant) you will be a vital member of the finance team and help to make important financial decisions to ensure the company can grow rapidly.
Your Team Mates
Our finance team shoulders the responsibility of monitoring the financial health of the entire company. They reason with logic, are accurate with numbers, and grasp what adds or brings tangible value to the business. And they do it with great optimism and humour.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Lead the accounting and bookkeeping for subsidiaries in China, France and Portugal
- Ensure the accounting and reporting carried out by the local accountants is completed accurately and in line with Group reporting
- Ensure each company adheres to Group finance and accounting policies and has robust financial controls
- Manage the cash requirements for each company and prepare/assist weekly payment runs˙
- Ensure that all tax filings/returns and payments are made in a timely manner
- Liaise with local tax advisors to ensure Kwalee is maximising tax relief
- Ensure all statutory filings are completed in a timely manner
- Preparation/review of monthly payroll
- Preparing analytical review summaries explaining the month on month movements
- Work closely with other departments to ensure appropriate costs, budgets and processes are adhered to
Your Hard Skills
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Fully qualified accountant (ICAI, ACCA, ACA)
- High attention to detail
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Dynamic and highly organised
- Ideally passion for games
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: - Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth - including Antarctica!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.