Senior Film Engineer
27 days ago
The Film Engineer will assist the video engineering team with the day-to-day up-keep , support and maintenance of the in-house screening facilities, video conferencing, and other audio-visual technologies.
- Installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of audio-visual equipment.
- Assisting the production department with the setup for client reviews
- Front line maintenance and troubleshooting of professional and consumer grade AV equipment, editorial systems, digital cinema projectors, monitors, video conference systems, AV control systems, SDI video/audio routers, theatre control systems etc.
- Maintenance and calibration of Digital Cinema DLP projectors, colour critical displays
- Performing hardware, firmware, and software upgrades
- Participate in off-hours maintenance, upgrades and installation for systems when required.
- Maintaining and updating documentation for client spaces and infrastructure systems.
- At least 6 years working in similar AV technical support role.
- Knowledge and a passion for technology relating to Audio Visual and post-production.
- Ability to identify and address technical issues without direct supervision, while also working effectively as part of a team.
- Familiarity with SDI cabling and routing systems (Blackmagic, AJA etc)
- Familiar with projection and projectors.
- Understanding of various media file formats
- Understanding of networking (wired and wireless)
- Experience with Linux, Mac, and PC
- A keen interest in computer hardware and systems technology
- Ability to identify and address technical issues while working effectively as part of a team.
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Graduation/Diploma, imaging, or related subject would be preferable but not necessary for the right candidate.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
Technicolor Creative Studios is a creative technology company driven by one purpose: The realization of ambitious and extraordinary ideas. We inspire creative companies across the world to produce their most iconic work. Our award-winning teams of artists and technologist's partner with the creative community across film, television, animation, gaming, brand experience and advertising to bring the universal art of storytelling to audiences everywhere.
No idea is too ambitious for us to create to an incredibly high standard. Technicolor Creative Studios provides World Class production expertise in Film, Episodic, Gaming, Advertising and Experiential Marketing.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.