Senior Facial Animator
11 days ago
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
The Visual Concepts character team is a group of accomplished artists tackling a variety of tasks. We create all of the players, coaches, mascots, clothes and shoes for NBA 2K. In addition to the on-court game assets, we also build the story mode assets, and generate specialty items for the online store. The team is looking for an experienced Facial Animator to contribute to this beloved game franchise.
What You Will Do:
- Create and polish cinematic facial animations
- Work with motion capture data for both narrative and in-game animations
- Use facial tracking/solving software to track/retarget to face rigs in Maya
- Address feedback in a timely manner
- Work closely with the lead and senior animators to modify assets meeting game-ready requirements
Who Will Be a Great Fit:
- Five year's experience in facial animation for animator for the games industry
- A detailed knowledge of Maya
- Proficiency with realistic facial motion with strong timing/acting skills
- Knack for observing and animating the subtleties of expression
- Efficiently manage their workload on their own initiative
- Comfortable with deadlines and a fast turnaround time
- Ability to maintain motivation, has excellent work ethics, and works well with others
- Experience with facial motion tracking is preferable (software such as Faceware or Dynamixyz)
- A love of video games (not just ours!)
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.