Senior FP&A Manager, G&A
San Francisco, CA, United States
5 days ago
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re democratizing development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community.
Come join Unity as a Senior FP&A Manager supporting our G&A team. This role will partner closely with all G&A orgs, providing a wide breadth of exposure to top level executives and stakeholders. The Senior Manager will collaborate with business partners to drive strategic projects and long-range planning, manage and forecast operating costs, compiling management reporting and leading financial review meetings with executives, participating in cross-functional G&A workstreams, and providing analytical support. Key business partners include the CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief People Officer, and Chief Legal Officer while managing a staff of two.
This fast-paced role provides a unique opportunity to drive finance business partnership and strategy across the G&A organization. The successful candidate will challenge the status-quo to drive business insights and continuous improvement, be data and results oriented, have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, possess a high comfort with financial analysis and a knack for making the complex simple. An ability to develop and grow a high-performing team, develop strong collaborative relationships across matrixed teams, and a comfort with frequent senior leader interaction.
You will be successful in this role because you are a proven leader with a passion for solving problems using data, the business acumen to translate findings into actionable recommendations, and the EQ to build consensus and drive strategic projects to fruition.
- Collaborate with G&A business partners as a trusted performance advisor, owning and managing the budgeting process for all orgs
- Perform standard FP&A duties around month-end close, forecasting, CapEx and project tracking for facility expansion, and preparation of management reports related to financial results
- Manage staff of two in supporting business partners and meeting internal Finance deadlines
- Analyze results, distilling/synthesizing key trends, assessing current and future business risk, and communicating key messages
- Strong understanding of accounting and the ability to draw upon knowledge in order to produce accurate forecasts; work closely with Accounting group to ensure accuracy and completeness during period-end close
- Identify ways to streamline reporting by recommending items for automation, re-structuring, or elimination
- Serve as a coach/mentor for G&A finance team members. Develop existing team’s technical and business skills through strategic projects with long term team and individual growth trajectories in mind
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Business, Finance, or Accounting
- Proven track record of leading and managing high-performing teams
- Proficient in ERP financial systems, Excel, Google Suite (Sheets, Slides), and common data analytics tools required
- Superb attention to detail with the ability to identify and resolve data issues/needs quickly within a fast paced environment
- Extraordinary interpersonal, leadership and communication skills and strong positive attitude. Team player who creates collaborative working relationships with teams across a matrixed organization
- Experience in Workday, Adaptive, and/or NetSuite
- Have the drive to get things done and ability to influence others to do so
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.