Senior External Communications Manager
San Francisco, CA, United States
10 days ago
At Zynga, we are seeking an results-oriented communications professional for the role of Senior External Communications Manager, responsible for driving PR for Zynga’s corporate profile, executive positioning, company culture and game titles.
The ideal candidate is a results-driven go-getter with strong attention to detail, excellent ability to lead through influence, and an aptitude for and interest in taking intelligent risks. In this proactive communications role, you will be responsible for pitching and securing media placements for Zynga.
- Independently own the development of proactive media programs and initiatives to support broader narratives about Zynga’s corporate profile, executive positioning, company culture and game titles.
- Work with Zynga’s PR agencies to identify trends, publications and contacts for story development.
- Comfortable in pitching trade, consumer and business media and owning select media relationships.
- Develop PR launch plans and execute on media deliverables.
- Create proactive/reactive content, including messaging, blog posts and Q&A’s for announcements, partnerships, events and profiles.
- Provide expert PR counsel to internal team and external partners on communications to both manage expectations and provide educational support on a variety of issues and experiences that impact Zynga.
- Development materials for (and oversee execution of) high-level corporate communications programs (i.e. M&A, special situations, corporate crises)
- Experience in working with vendors and contracts. Own and coordinate the onboarding process for external entities as needed to.
- 3+ years of experience managing public market earnings announcements and corporate public relations
- 6+ years of consumer technology experience. Expertise in international product launches.
- Experience in a business and media environment, particularly in consumer technology or entertainment
- Ability to spot and embrace new social and media relations trends and use-case for Zynga.
- Research and analytical experience (i.e. analyzing industry news and trends)
- Experience with project management and decision-making
- Experience working in an international team environment. Second language and having worked abroad experience a plus.
- Excellent writer, editor and media strategist
- Experience pitching media and securing coverage
What we offer you:
- Deep understanding of the impact technology can have on the world around us as well as a passion for, and understanding of, games, entertainment trends and social media
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to demonstrate maturity and good judgment at all times
- Possess a high degree of integrity and sense of confidentiality
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships at all levels is critical to this position
- Ability to position oneself as a leader with cross functional groups
- Strong organizational, attention to detail and an innate ability to stay on top of multiple projects at once
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related area, preferred
- Zynga equity and bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.