This job might no longer be available.
Senior PR Manager (Export) - 12 Month FTC
1 month ago
Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. We are proud to publish and support many of today’s most critically acclaimed gaming franchises, including NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Borderlands, BioShock, XCOM and Sid Meier’s Civilization.
The Export Senior PR Manager’s primary role is to plan and execute PR campaigns for all 2K label titles in conjunction with 2K’s distributors & agencies across all Export territories.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the role works extremely closely with the Export Product Marketing Manager, all contracted Export distributor PR teams, the Take 2 Export sales team and the global product marketing teams.
- Working closely with the 2K Go To Market team and the Export Product Marketing Manager, you will drive the communication strategy and tactics for 2K’s products via PR, Social, Influencer & Community.
- Produce per title PR plans aligned with the communication strategy supplied by the global marketing teams, which are right for each Export territory market.
- Work with the Export Product Marketing Manager to ensure the PR strategy is in line with the communications strategy and overall title marketing plan.
- Ensure the wider Export team, including Take 2 Export Sales team, are well informed of PR plans.
- Ensure all necessary approvals are sought and gained, specifically with regards licensed titles.
- Be an ambassador for 2K’s products and the 2K label. Must be capable of demonstrating games at a high level to retail/trade and media as required.
- Build, maintain and cultivate strong relationships with the dedicated PR representatives at the various local distributors & agencies
- Utilise distributor and agency relationships to understand influencer landscape and opportunities across all export markets
- Manage the distribution of all press materials to relevant distribution partners incl. EPK’s, demos, press releases and media packs according to assets supplied by the Go to Market team.
- Manage all relevant elements of each PR campaign from announce through launch and beyond.
- Lead and manage all product specific press trips for export markets, seeking relevant creative and budget approvals where necessary.
- Where applicable liaise with co-promotional partners and licensors for all products, ensuring the maximum awareness and reach is achieved.
- Working with local and international teams (including PD) to manage the regional events schedule for all relevant titles.
- Ensure an events schedule is maintained and requirements are flagged to PD & Brand teams in good time.
- Facilitate ‘at-event’ tech and dev support as required for regional consumer and retail events like rAge, Igromir, Gamesfest, etc.
Reporting, Analysis & KPIs
- Work in collaboration with the distributors & agencies on all proactive editorial and promotional coverage as well as reacting to and addressing negative media coverage.
- Evaluate and analyse all PR campaigns keeping up with competitor activity and market changes and provide reports to the relevant internal teams.
- Produce regular coverage reports on all 2K titles and distribute internally.
- Work within agreed and pre-approved budgets aligned to net revenue forecasts for each Export territory.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- An experienced PR & Events Manager with a solid understanding of PR: principles, planning, strategy, tactics
- You understand the commercial value of PR and how it works in synergy with the owned and paid elements of the marketing mix
- Demonstrable knowledge of new media and its role in the communications strategy
- Demonstrable ability to run and manage effective PR campaigns
- Extremely well organised with strong administrational skills
- Demonstrable ability to manage direct reports, prioritisation, and workload
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage a complex budget
- Diplomatic, open, fluent and dynamic communicator, sensitive to cultural differences
- Negotiating and Influencing skills
- Professional and mature attitude and communication at all times
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment. The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, 2K Marin, 2K Czech, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games and 2K China. 2K’s stable of high-quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™ and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise. 2K is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2k.com
2K is an equal opportunities employer and as such will endeavour to provide reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process where required. We invite candidates to notify us should they wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments.