Senior Experience Designer
17 days ago
Senior Experience Designer - EAX
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world’s greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important programs for EA’s community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These programs include: EA.com, in-game experiences and strategies to connect players across platforms, our cross-platform subscription EA Play, the EA desktop app, as well as a host of other consumer experiences and strategies.
In your role as Senior Experience Designer, reporting to a Director of Experience Design, you will lead the detailed systems design and information architecture for products that enable our players to connect and play together across platforms. This means you’ll partner across game teams, product management, design, engineering, and marketing to gain understanding and support their goals, always with an eye on quality, consistency, usability, scalability, and needs of our players. As part of the broader UX Design family, you will be an important contributor to the EAX team based in Redwood Shores.
You’re someone with a proven track record for:
- Solving complex problems and translating your solutions into easy to understand design artifacts for the purposes of implementation.
- Determining the best UX approaches based on player feedback and the competitive landscape, identifying challenges and adapting as you go.
- Building trusting relationships within your immediate product team and with partners across the organization.
- Clearly conveying your ideas and design rationale to leadership and partners.
- Experience with information architecture, UX, and content strategy concepts and deliverables.
- Leading UX efforts across a team. You promote discussion and activities, while participating in delivery, planning, and coordination efforts.
- Knowing how to motivate and energize your team, even when navigating uncertainty.
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
- 5+ years of experience in UX and product design.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in the study of design including one of the following; Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, or Human Factors, or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
- Complete UX skills: workshop facilitation, problem discovery, solution generation, concept creation, wireframing, testing, synthesis, iteration, prototyping, heuristic evaluation, competitive analysis, customer journey mapping, applying design systems and producing deliverables for development.
- Expert knowledge of design and prototyping tools like Figma, Invision or others.
- Enthusiasm for gaming desired; ability to stay on the forefront of industry trends a big plus
In a typical week, the Senior Experience Designer could be…
- Leading systems design and information architecture of EA’s cross-platform social systems, ensuring every feature that ships is at quality, adds value, and delights our players.
- Collaborating with various game studios to bring to life cross-platform social experiences that integrate seamlessly into their games and meet the needs of their players.
- Presenting a broad set of conceptual models, flow diagrams, and wireframes for feedback.
- Creating prototypes and participating in usability testing sessions.
You’ll build relationships and work with…
- Product management, engineers, game studio teams, and marketing managers to bring an ongoing roadmap of interactive features to life.
- UX Research, Consumer Insights, and analytics to inform UX strategy and ensure feature optimizations are measurably improving the player experience.