Senior Environment Technical Artist
16 days ago
Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch and are now building our flagship state-of-the-art development studio establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub we know it to be.
Together with our PUBG partners, our team is hard at work to deliver an original narrative experience within the globally recognized and award-winning PUBG universe. Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
- Working closely with the Rendering Engineers and Materials Artist, develop and maintain the material/shading pipeline
- Implement, document, and maintain tools to update, expand, and distribute our materials library
- Implement custom physically based materials/shaders and necessary
- Optimize materials/shaders and also work with artists to troubleshoot performance issues in-game
- Assist in optimization planning
- Assist in building/maintaining software/hardware necessary to capture materials as needed
- Develop and maintain the photogrammetry pipeline/tools
- Help artists to ensure that texture and material assets are authored correctly
- Research new texture tools and techniques to create efficient and visually
- Evangelize the PBR pipeline through education ( e.g., presentations ) and user assistance
- 7+ years in AAA game development
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Solid understanding of PBR rendering and material / light interaction
- Solid understanding of photography and photogrammetry
- Familiarity with material capture and processing techniques
- Strong knowledge of Maya, Substance Designer / Painter, and Photoshop
- Familiarity with UE materials/shaders
- Excellent collaboration, presentation, and communication skills