Senior Environment Lighting Artist
11 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts and PlayStation Studios Malaysia are both passionate teams within the PlayStation family, made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world.
Always at the cutting edge of technology, the teams work with studios like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Bend Studios, SuckerPunch, San Diego Studio, Japan Studios, and more PlayStation first-party teams, providing world-class content development and services to these studios.
- Engages and mentors lighting artists to ensure team cohesion and helps develop both short and long-term career goals advised by the Department Head.
- Place static, skylights, and dynamic lights within the game environment.
- Collaborate in the development of experimental lighting systems and solutions
- Help tune materials to fit within PBR guidelines.
- Set up and manipulate post-process systems including color grading, exposure, tone-mapping, and atmospherics in the scene including volumetric lights, fog, DoF, and Bloom.
- 8+ years’ industry experience with 3+ shipped titles.
- Experience building lighting pipelines from inception to shipping.
- Experience with lighting and baking in Unreal Engine 4 or 5, including managing day/night cycles.
- Ability to be resourceful and come up with creative, attractive, and performant lighting solutions.
- A solid understanding of lighting of characters and scenes for cinematics.
- Strong organizational skills to help keep track of complex and vast lighting solutions.
- Experience with Unreal 5.
- Strong technical abilities; knowledge of PBR systems.
- Python scripting, C++
- A web portfolio that demonstrates a range of lighting examples from previous credited titles.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.