Senior Environment Concept Artist
Orange County, California
3 days ago
We are seeking a creative designer who will bring vision and inspiration to our original IP. Shape the land, skies and stars that inhabit our universe. You will work on a small team, which means you will have a huge impact on the visual development of our games.
Bonfire is a non-hierarchical, peer-supported, and self-directed environment, so it’s essential to be an excellent collaborator while also being able to take the lead and work independently. If you’re ready to become a true owner in your own AAA studio, please reach out.
- You will design, paint, and illustrate original concepts - everything from loose thumbnails and sketches to polished key art. Your artwork will open new doors to what is possible in our IP. We’re not just creating levels - we’re creating a story, so we need someone passionate about environmental storytelling.
- Although your main focus will be environments, there’s lots of room for your talent - you will be able to contribute to characters, weapons, props, and UI. Everything the player sees is part of the journey. You will iterate on new designs as well as existing assets. You’ll be proactively creating paintovers to demonstrate your ideas. Show us how we can create points of interest, play with color and shape, and generally bring our visuals to the next level while keeping the needs of the game in mind.
- You will collaborate closely with other artists as well as other disciplines. As part of a small team your contribution will have a significant impact.
- You have a minimum of 5 years experience as a professional concept artist, ideally for game development
- You have worked with Art Directors and Game Directors on architecture, interiors, exteriors, and props.
- You are an excellent collaborator, but you have also taken the lead on some projects.
- Your portfolio should speak for itself. We’re looking for depth and breadth of work.
A little something extra
- Experience with 3D modeling software
- Experience working on AAA games
- Experience working in a game engine
More about Bonfire
- You can learn more about our team, our culture, and our benefits and perks on our website.
Be part of the foundation of Bonfire, and be part of a close knit team that's focused on early stage multiplayer game development. You will have a huge impact on our first game, as you work with our small team of artists, designers, and engineers.