Senior Environment Artist
9 days ago
MachineGames is looking for a new Sr Environment Artist to join our team and help strengthen our art department!
Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden, which is a small and vibrant city 40 minutes north of Stockholm with a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times.
In this position you will be working in a tight-knit department under the supervision of our Leads and our Art Director and you will collaborate in cross-functional teams on a daily basis.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you do not have/or a non-EU passport and/or not currently residing in Sweden.
The position is onsite with a possibility of working in a hybrid capacity.
Our studio has a legacy of being down to earth and free from big egos, our everyday work as well as our long-term goals are driven by our values:
- We value team performance over individual performance - We practice an open door policy - We deliver what we promise - We give constructive and actionable feedback - We practice ownership and accountability - We learn from our mistakes.
- Create game environment assets: Build, model and texture a variety of environments, architecture, and props according to concepts, references and art direction given to you.
- Create realistic PBR textures and materials to compliment the games art direction.
- Use existing assets and content to populate the game world in a believable and visually appealing way.
- Build the environments according to Level design requirements and blockouts, bearing gameplay constraints such as traversal and metrics in mind.
- Work alongside your senior colleagues, art director and leads to continually revise game environments and refine visual quality, storytelling, and drama.
- Take relevant memory and performance restrictions into consideration.
- Supervise junior members of the team.
- Demonstrated experience in at least one full AAA game development cycle.
- High level of proficiency in Maya, ZBrush and Substance Designer/Painter.
- Demonstrate expertise of texturing using both procedurally generated and hand painted techniques in a PBR workflow.
- Strong understanding of modularity and the use of trim sheets for optimal level building.
- Able to work from photo reference or concept art, as well as ability to interpret design intention when concept is unavailable.
- Flexibility to adapt asset creation to any art style.
- Knowledge in traditional art principles and theory of function, form, shape, proportions, and color, etc.
- Portfolio demonstrating prior environment art work.
- Full working proficiency in English, both written and oral.
Applicant Privacy Notice
Applicant Privacy Notice
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.