Senior Environment Artist
17 days ago
Who We Are
Intercept Games is a Private Division/Take-Two development studio currently focused on the creation of Kerbal Space Program 2 as well as an unannounced stylized science-based adventure game. We have a deep love for space, simulation, strategy, and of course all things video games. Our studio prioritizes an inviting and diverse workplace that pushes creativity and passion for what we do, resulting in games that we can truly be proud of. We believe that by creating an environment of trust, potential for growth, psychological safety, Engineering Excellence, and fun, we can ship some of the most amazing experiences in the world of interactive entertainment.
Are you an experienced Environment Artist who can establish worldbuilding pipelines and build out environments for stylized science-based games? Do you possess a keen attention to detail and passion for environmental storytelling? If you said 'yes' this might be the role for you!
As a Senior Environment Artist, you will create environments that not only look beautiful, but are deeply tied to gameplay. You will work in collaboration with peers across various disciplines, as well as provide mentorship to more junior artists. A successful team member in this role is technically minded and a positive relationship builder.
What You'll Take On
- Work closely with the Art Lead and Concept Artist to translate the game’s visual design language into explorable worlds.
- Elevate the Art Team by owning major art pipelines and establishing best practices for features such as asset population, material creation, terrain sculpting, and lighting.
- Shepherd environments from a whitebox state through their final playable level, both in and out of the editor.
- Playtest with the team to assess the role of game visuals as a holistic part of the player experience, identify improvement opportunities, and provide recommendations for new or existing approaches
What You Bring
- 5+ years of professional Environment Art or Worldbuilding experience in video games coupled with a portfolio that showcases stylized work.
- High level of proficiency with Maya or 3DS Max, Zbrush, or an industry-standard equivalent.
- Ability to create textures and materials through tools such as Substance Designer and Painter, or an industry-standard equivalent.
- Understanding of how environment design is related to gameplay and exploration, in addition to environmental storytelling.
- Excellent Communication and active listening skills, and an eagerness to collaborate with artists & non-artists.
- High degree of self-direction and autonomy.
- A drive to adopt, adapt, and uphold the Intercept art style.
- Passion for space exploration, rocketry, worldbuilding, and related entertainment media.
- Bonus skill: experience creating or working on fully spherical planets.
- Bonus software knowledge: Unreal Engine, Gaea, World Creator, or World Machine.
What We Offer You
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work. Innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth. As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative, and to grow within and around the company.
- Team Mentality. We strive to build teams that work together and celebrate together through company events such as team gatherings, game release parties, monthly socials, and wellness programs.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.