Senior Environment Artist
3 months ago
We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio and GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
Sumo have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Environment Artist at our Sheffield studio. We are looking for a world-class artist with a wealth of experience in driving quality standards on AAA console titles.
This is an incredible opportunity to shape some of the most exciting and groundbreaking video games currently being made in the UK.
Within this role you will:
- You will be responsible for creating high quality environment art.
- Have a keen eye for environmental storytelling and a strong ability to communicate ideas and collaborate with a design team.
- Should be able to work well with others
- Proactively seek feedback from Lead Artists & Creative Directors
- Ensure that the artistic style of the game is consistently implemented
To be successful you will need to have:
- Proven track record in at least 3 shipped titles (preferably AAA)
- Excellent 3D art skills
- Excellent compositional skills and all-around artistic expertise and flare
- Expertise in 3ds Max, Zbrush, Substance Painter / Designer, Photoshop & other technologies utilised in the production of game art
- Expertise in Unreal Engine 4
- High levels of aesthetic attention to detail.
- Familiarity working and developing in a multi-platform, multi-project environment.
- Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies
- Able to work with a high level of motivation & self-direction.
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated and agile
- Have a desire to maintain and keep up excellent file management and clean working files.
What We Offer:
· Annual Bonus
· Share Incentive Plan
· Competitive Pension
· Flexible Working
· 27 Days Holiday, including your birthday. a duvet day and Christmas
· 5 Learning Days
· Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses
· Game & Book Libraries
· Wrap Parties
· Alternative Travel Prize Draw
· The Sumo GameJam
· Big Family Events
· Studio clubs, inc. running, board games, film…
· Life Drawing
· Yoga Classes
· Free fruit and drinks
· Employee Referral Bonus
· Career Development
· Competitive Mat/Paternity & Adoption
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Life Assurance 4x Salary
· Income Protection of 75%
· Relocation Support to the UK
· Visa Sponsorship
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo Digital, we know that diversity and inclusivity will make our teams (and the amazing work that they do) better! We encourage and welcome ALL applications.
More About The Sumo Sheffield Studio:
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, the National Video Game Museum, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.