Senior Environment Artist
7 days ago
About Splash Damage
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
Our offices are based in Bromley, UK, and our teams have access to progressive working patterns that work for them.
Whether they are hard surface architectural, mostly organic or a fusion of both, the worlds that the Environment Artists create here at Splash Damage are not only spectacular in terms of their visuals but are lovingly crafted game play spaces.
We trust our Senior Environment Artists to build awe inspiring worlds that play and perform well with high-quality assets that are delivered on time and within the technical specifications required for the game to be performant.
Splash Damage is looking for a Senior Environment Artist to join our growing teams of talented developers, helping us to create exciting games that are expertly built and enjoyed by millions.
- Create standalone and modular Environment assets varying in scale and complexity.
- Model assets using reference photographs and concept Art materials.
- Work with the Lead Environment Artist to create high quality environments in keeping with the project's visual direction.
- Produce work within performance specifications under strict deadlines.
- Review and implement your work using the game editor.
- Trouble shoot asset errors and action creative feedback.
- Collaborate with other sub-disciplines such as Level Design, Lighting, VFX and Tech Art.
- Coach and mentor junior level staff through knowledge sharing.
- An excellent understanding on Unreal 5.
- An up-to-date portfolio filled with examples of Environment work.
- A strong understanding of shape, form and composition.
- Proven abilities in optimised 3D asset creation.
- Solid experience of PBR workflows.
- Proficiency with industry standard modelling tools such as 3D Studio Max and Maya.
- Experience working with Photoshop, Substance Painter.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to work well within a team.
- Worked with industry standard asset tracking software such as Jira.
Bonus Points for:
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- An understanding of the impact of Environment Art on Level Design.
- Skills with supporting software such as Zbrush and Substance Designer.
- A mixture of hard surface and foliage asset modelling skills.
- Set dressing and beautification pass experience.