This job might no longer be available.
Senior Environment Artist
12 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
***This position has the flexibility to be fully remote***
Senior Environment Artist
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone , Uncharted: Golden Abyss , and Syphon Filter , is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Senior Environment Artist who will contribute to the artistic vision and development of a AAA product with a specialized focus on creating detailed 3D models including weapons, vehicles and environment assets, utilizing a combination of traditional fine art and technical art skills.
- Create detailed organic and hard surface 3D models for an open world environment.
- Participate in everything from 3D concepts and prototypes to the creation of final polished game assets.
- Produce rich textures that complement and enhance 3D models.
- Work closely with our art director and team leads to deliver and maintain the established art style and contribute to the development of new techniques and pipelines.
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions to issues related to asset creation, performance, and technical requirements.
- Work well within a team environment and be able to initiate and lead other team members.
- Independently undertake research and gather information to ensure game design needs and artistic direction are met.
- Proactively stay up on new software, processes and industry trends and share this knowledge with the team.
- A strong portfolio illustrating proficiency as a Senior 3D Artist.
- Advanced experience with real-time 3D packages such as Unreal, Crytek, or Unity.
- Expert understanding of Maya/Max, Photoshop, and Z-Brush/Mudbox and high-poly-to-low-poly asset pipelines.
- A working knowledge of Substance Designer/Painter with a strong understanding of surfacing and texturing techniques.
- Professional experience working on current generation games.
- Effective communicator with art staff, team leads, and other studio disciplines.
- Highly motivated and proactive, consistent productivity with minimal supervision.
- Ability to collaborate and contribute effectively in a team environment.
- 5+ years of experience in a game production environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.