This job might no longer be available.
Senior Environment Artist
North Andover, MA
1 year ago
Join the Rockstar New England team to create next-generation worlds for some exciting upcoming projects! Strong modelling and texturing skills are not enough. Candidates must be able to create immersive, living, and fully-realized environments.
- You will be responsible for creating a very high quality of environment art.
- Working as a senior you will benchmark and raise the bar for environment art throughout our products.
- Should be able to mentor and work well with others within the team.
- Work closely with Programmers to ensure polygon counts and texture sizes are fully optimized for target platforms while minimizing any impact on artistic integrity of assets.
- Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into production pipeline.
- Proactively seek feedback from Lead Artist, and Creative Directors.
- Ensure that artistic style is consistent with defined visual style for the game.
- 5+ years of post-secondary educational experience in 2D and 3D art production.
- Proven track record in at least 2 shipped titles (preferably AAA).
- Superior 2D and 3D art skills.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of cutting edge shader techniques.
- Excellent compositional skills and all-around artistic expertise and flare.
- Eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies.
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Expertise in 3ds Max, Photoshop, or other technologies utilized in the production of game art.
- Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Creative nature with strong problem solving skills.
- Passion for Rockstar Games!
- Must provide a portfolio through a webpage or other digital media to be considered.