Senior Environment Artist
10 days ago
Position: Senior Environment Artist
Full-time Remote or On-Site (Plano, Texas) position
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience & Skills
Robot Entertainment is an independent game studio founded in 2009, best known for creating the Orcs Must Die! franchise. We strive to create a supportive environment where everyone can make an impact on our projects. As a member of the Robot environment art team, you will work collaboratively with Designers, Programmers and other Artists to create a variety of high-quality levels and environment art assets.
We are looking for an experienced Environment Artist to work on the Orcs Must Die! franchise and future unannounced projects. Your portfolio will showcase work on game-ready levels and display a strong understanding of asset creation such as landscapes, props, and architectural modeling. If you are an artist with a strong sense of aesthetics who gets excited about the style of Orcs Must Die!, this could be a good fit!
- Author high quality game assets that match the art style and technical requirements defined by project leads.
- Contribute to the development of game-ready levels, including layout, decoration, lighting, and performance.
- Effectively collaborate with Design, Engineering and Tech Art departments to ensure environment art fulfills gameplay and performance specifications.
- Assist in future development of environment art pipelines.
- Serve as a mentor for more junior environment artists.
The Ideal Candidate…
- Has strong environment asset creation skills (High poly modeling, Low poly modeling, texturing).
- Has strong level art skills (layout, player flow, set decoration, lighting).
- Has mastery and understanding of traditional fine art skills and concepts (illustration, painting, composition, perspective, color theory, 2D & 3D design).
- Is proficient in the use of Maya, 3ds Mas (or other 3D modeling package), Photoshop, ZBrush, and Texture creation/Material editing (Substance Painter/Unreal).
- Has a minimum of five (6) years of experience working as an Environment Artist for games.
- Great oral and written communication skills.
- Is self-managed and capable of being productive in remote work environment.
Bonus Points For…
- Playing and enjoying a variety of different games.
- Contributing to multiple shipped games.
- Having some experience with outsourcing.
More about the studio
We are headquartered in Plano, TX just North of Dallas. The team transitioned to working from home in 2020 and this role is open to anyone interested in working remotely in the continental United States, or those interested in relocating the DFW area.
We offer competitive salaries, and great benefits including medical, dental, and life insurance for you and your spouse/domestic partner and paid parental leave. Other perks include annual game and home office stipends. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming environment and encourage anyone interested to apply.
BS/BA/MS degree in Art, or equivalent work experience.
Qualified responses should be directed to email@example.com with a resume and cover letter. Please indicateyou are applying for the Senior Environment Artist position.
This is a full-time, professional exempt, remote or on-site position, with benefits. Open to United States citizens or those individuals who are legally residing and working in the USA. Robot will not facilitate or sponsor candidates for US work visas or US residency “Green Cards” for this position.
Robot Entertainment, Inc. is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. The company shall ensure that decisions affecting employees are made without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. This policy is administered in accordance with federal laws (including but not limited to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Age Discrimination in the Employment Act of 1967, as amended, Equal Pay Act of 1963, as amended, Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended) and all other applicable state or local law prohibiting discriminatory acts.
Robot Entertainment, Inc. is a privately owned developer of entertainment technology and intellectual property, based in Plano, Texas, USA. More information about Robot can be found at http://www.robotentertainment.com.