Senior Environment Artist
23 days ago
As the games division of Bad Robot Productions (Lost, Cloverfield, Westworld, Star Wars, Star Trek), we at Bad Robot Games are on a mission to continually reinvent how stories are played.
We are a remote-first games company represented by a diverse team, which empowers us to make the kinds of games in which all players can see themselves. Working closely with our colleagues at Bad Robot Productions, our projects unite our extensive network of games, TV, and film industry talent to create original IPs, expansive worlds and tell new stories across all media platforms which are as fun to watch as they are to play.
Bad Robot Games is looking for a Senior Environment Artist that is passionate about creating visually stunning, immersive environments. You will work closely with art leadership, concept, and design teams to help design and implement rich environments that players will love to explore.
A portfolio that demonstrates mastery of current and next generation environment art creation techniques is required. The portfolio should show strong world building and asset creation skills.
- Collaborate with the art director, environment art director and concept team in the creation of environments that support gameplay and storytelling.
- Creation of production ready, next-generation 3d models, materials and textures for architecture, flora and geology.
- Research current and future processes and technologies to help the art team create beautiful worlds at scale.
- Work with the art director, environment art director and level designers to build out beautiful levels that make memorable gameplay experiences.
- Work with tech art and engineering teams to ensure environment assets are performant while maintaining visual quality.
- Help train external partners on our art processes, visual bar and pipeline.
- 5+ years of experience creating environment art for AAA games.
- At least one shipped AAA title.
- Experience building maps from initial block out to final polish.
- Deep understanding of environment modeling and material development.
- Driven to continually learn new processes and techniques and share them with the team.
- The ideal candidate enjoys working in a small agile team, where they are comfortable wearing different hats, and working outside their comfort zone.
- Strong Unreal Engine experience, including materials and blueprints
- Experience with modifying scan data to match varying visual styles
- Familiarity with procedural modeling, and creating procedural tools for asset placement
Annual Salary Range: $110,000 - $145,000
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our ranges are based on California market rate regardless of work location in the US.
Find out more about our benefits and team on our careers page!
Bad Robot Games recruiters will never ask you for money or to provide financial information during our recruiting process. Scammers often request money transfers for Visa processing fees or travel expenses, as well as personal information including passport info, social security numbers, credit card or bank account information.Bad Robot Games recruiters will never use personal email (including @gmail) accounts when contacting candidates. We also do NOT interview or screen candidates over messenger or text-based chat. All communication will be tied to badrobotgames.com
Bad Robot Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.