Senior Environment Artist
4 months ago
Job Title:Senior Environment Artist
Senior Environment Artist
Job Title: Senior Environment Artist – Raven Software
Reporting To: Art Manager
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen , Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast , Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We’re based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We have a unique vision for our industry. One that has and continues to inspire us. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our own mistakes. We treat each other with respect. After nearly 30 years, Raven Software is still thriving. We developed a team who cares about one another, our games and our players. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are growing. Our team is creative, highly intelligent, well-led and equipped to face this exciting future. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Raven Software is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.ravensoftware.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ravensoftware, and @RavenSoftware on Twitter.
As a Senior Environment Artist, you will have a direct hand in developing and directing a team of high-caliber artists as they craft unforgettable environments for a game played by millions. As a dedicated team leader, you will play a critical role as part of the project leadership team, being responsible for art development for entire game levels and epic visual content for in-game events. Come and be a part of the excitement and energy as you help our high-caliber environment art team daily to deliver greatness .
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Share your deep passion and knowledge of creating immersive environments and your drive for empowering efficient, adaptable, and talented art teams .
- Guide a team of artists in the development of AAA content holding to quality and performance standards and provide them with clear milestones, action plans, and scheduling.
- Own the art development for entire game maps from start to finish, collaborating daily with other departments to ensure art contributions support gameplay, setting, and story objectives.
- Empower a team that thrives on open and welcome constructive criticism; Provide consistent managerial feedback to help guide them through career goals, challenges, and opportunities.
- Contribute creative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development
- 5+ years of game industry experience developing art for AAA games.
- Experience leading a team of creatives through the many facets of game development with a strong ability to schedule out a team project from start to finish.
- Proven understanding and experience in creating art assets in a major 3d and 2d packages (3DS Max or Maya and Photoshop or Substance) for console hardware (Xbox, PS, PC).
- Possesses in-depth understanding of game engines (Unreal4, Radiant, Unity, etc), editors, tools, pipelines, memory constraints, and development processes.
- Strong collaborator and empathic mentor with proven experience guiding team members through career challenges and opportunities.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Displays self-motivation, a strong work ethic, and can work proactively and independently.
- Solid portfolio demonstrating focus and commitment to realistic environment and current gen 2d/3d asset creation; ideally demonstrating various objects alone and assembled into compelling environments.
- Familiarity with photogrammetry process, procedural content creation, or PBR workflows
- Passion for the Call of Duty franchise
- Strong traditional art foundation
- History of playing a variety of game genres both digital and physical.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.