Senior Environment Artist
San Mateo CA
6 days ago
SENIOR ENVIRONMENT ARTIST
Who We Are:
We are dedicated to crafting highly engaging entertainment with a commitment to putting fans first. We aim to be a team of diverse game makers driven by a passion for our art and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build games that thrill players everywhere. We cherish our studio independence and autonomy, and value the collaborative support of 2K, one of the world’s leading interactive entertainment companies.
We are the newest studio in the Take-Two Interactive family, founded in 2019 and located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our first effort is to build a multiplayer and multiplatform AAA action game which will thrill a diverse community of gamers and have fun while doing it. We prize our creative autonomy as an independent studio, with both the financial and logistical support of 2K Games publishing.
Who You Are:
- 4 or more years of experience in game development with an emphasis on environment art
- At least 2 shipped titles, experience with AAA open world titles preferred
- A motivated self-starter who can drive to quality
- Great communicator and collaborator, can express needs and dependencies, can communicate status clearly and effectively
- Experience collaborating with Lead Artists and Art Director to create and support creative vision.
- Knowledge of Maya, Unreal Engine, Substance Painter/Designer, PBR Workflow, zBrush, and Photoshop
- Houdini and World Machine experience a plus
- Recent use of industry standard game editors
- Experience with industry-standard asset management tools
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Classic drawing or painting techniques with the ability to sketch out ideas on paper
- Strong communication skills
- Good sense of spatial composition and proportions
- Understanding of basic architecture
What We Need:
We are looking for a Senior Environment Artist to collaborate with the Environment team in building 3D assets that are both visually stunning and are technically performant. The ideal candidate will work closely with the Lead Environment Artist and Art Director to craft a cohesive and visually stunning space. This is an amazing opportunity to work side-by-side with great talent to establish a new 2K franchise.
- Strong individual contributor who can execute on direction from Lead Environment Artist and Art Director
- Model & Texture 3D Environment Assets (Hard Surface, Organic, Structural)
- Construct environments that tell a sense of place and story
- Self-starter and independent, able to take feedback and run with it
- Able to take ownership of medium to large environments and construct them from start to finish
- Able to communicate to Leads and Production their status, schedule, pace, and needs
- Able to follow and collaborate with concept art
- Able to follow environment art phase pipelines and work within time constraints
- Assist with Outsource Asset integration
Send your resume via the link below to start the journey.