Senior Environment Artist - Unannounced AAA project (Stockholm)
9 days ago
Avalanche Studios Group and its division Avalanche Studios are crafting our next cutting-edge AAA open-world fantasy game. Avalanche Studios is the division dedicated to ambitious, externally-published AAA games like Just Cause, Mad Max, and Rage 2.
If you are passionate about stylized environment art in open worlds and want to be part of a team that is creating the next generation of immersive fantasy games in Avalanche Studio Group style, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for a Senior Environment Artist to join our core team in Liverpool or Stockholm and work on our upcoming AAA fantasy game set in an open world. As a Senior Environment Artist, you will be responsible for creating visually stunning and immersive environments that players will explore and engage with.
You will collaborate closely with the Art Director, Art Lead, Level Designers, and other artists to ensure that our game world is rich with detail and life and that it follows the gameplay needs.
This role requires a strong understanding of stylized environments, as well as a keen eye for detail. The role also includes consideration of the technical aspects of creating optimized open-world environment art that look believable and feels immersive.
- Create visually stunning, stylized 3D environment assets, structures, props, for an upcoming AAA stylized fantasy game.
- Work closely with the Art Director, Art Lead and other project Leads to ensure that environments are consistent with the game's art style, narrative, and gameplay mechanics.
- Mentor junior and mid-level environment artists and manage the development of the environment art team.
- Collaborate with other artists and tech artists to ensure that the environments are optimized for performance and memory usage while maintaining visual fidelity.
- Taking ownership through the art pipeline, with full responsibility for assets from initial creation to implementation in the engine.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and techniques.
Use a variety of tools and software to create assets and implement them in the game engine.
- 5+ years of experience in Environment Art for AAA video games.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating stylized environment art skills.
- Excellent modeling and texturing skills for stylized environment art
- Strong knowledge of lighting, composition, and color theory, with the ability to create visually appealing environments that enhance the player experience.
- Strong knowledge of Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Photoshop and other relevant software.
- A good sense of technical know-how and functional problem-solving and the ability to create visually stunning Environment Art that perform well in open-world environments.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively.
- Experience with modern workflows and engine packages, such as Unreal Engine
- Experience with photogrammetric asset creation workflows
- Knowledge of architecture and engineering principles
- Experience working with terrain workflows.
- 2D drawing skills
- Passion for games and an understanding of game design principles.
- Ability to communicate ideas with 2D art and rapid 3D placeholders
- Experience with level design and game mechanics
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of a CV and who can work a few days a week from the office in Stockholm. We support relocation if needed.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.