This job might no longer be available.
Senior Environment Artist, The Sims (Remote Opportunity in Europe)
2 months ago
Senior Environment Artist – Maxis (Remote in Europe)
At Maxis, we excel at outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re trailblazers and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work with dazzling minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day. We are looking for someone with deep insights on how to create the best experience for our players.
We are looking for an experienced Environment Artist. Though your passion is creating beautiful settings, you aren’t afraid of working within a technical pipeline and are comfortable problem solving with Producers, Designers, and Engineers. You are confident enough to run with a task with little oversight but are open to feedback from Art Direction and love collaborating with your peers.
- Work productively with a small environment art team to deliver quality content on schedule that meets technical requirements.
- Perform as a key contributor of the world production process to create believable and engaging environments for Maxis Studios.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with Zbrush, Adobe Photoshop, and Maya or Max
- Ability to take direction and feedback well
- Self-Motivated towards solving creative problems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- 5+ years of professional environment art experience in a gaming studio using a World Editor
- Solid understanding and experience using Substance Painter
- Ability to render stylized textures
- Experience with terrain sculpting editors
- Background or education in traditional arts or architecture
- Shipped at least one AAA title
Your portfolio must demonstrate the following:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience at creating Environment Art
- Examples of textured, clean, efficient, low-poly assets
- A great eye for detail and composition