Senior Environment Artist (Silent Hill: Ascension)
21 days ago
As the games division of Bad Robot Productions (Lost, Cloverfield, Westworld, Star Wars, Star Trek), we at Bad Robot Games are on a mission to continually reinvent how stories are played.
We are a remote-first games company represented by a diverse team, which empowers us to make the kinds of games in which all players can see themselves. Working closely with our colleagues at Bad Robot Productions, our projects unite our extensive network of games, TV, and film industry talent to create original IPs, expansive worlds and tell new stories across all media platforms which are as fun to watch as they are to play.
Bad Robot Games is looking for a Senior Environment Artist that is passionate about creating visually stunning, immersive sets. You will work closely with production and art leadership to help steer the assembly, execution, and polish of scenes for a dark horror franchise.
A portfolio that demonstrates mastery of current and next generation environment art creation techniques is required. The portfolio should show strong world building and asset creation skills.
- Collaborate with the Art Director and the Lead Environment Artist to set a standard for assembling moody, foreboding spaces for players to experience.
- Set dress and stage compelling scenes using a variety of asset sources, as well as identify and create new models as needed.
- Create and polish game levels with terrain and landscape, materials, and foliage placement.
- Identify tools and demonstrate best practices for a team of artists developing the game scenes.
- Help train external partners on our art processes, visual bar and pipeline.
- Setup and use material instancing based on advanced shaders and layer blending.
- Work with tech art and engineering teams to ensure environment assets are performant while maintaining visual quality.
- 5+ years of experience creating environment art for AAA games.
- At least one shipped AAA title.
- Technical proficiency with developing in the Unreal Engine.
- Expertise using Maya, zBrush, and Substance packages.
- Deep understanding of environment modeling and material development.
- An eye for detail and set dressing, in addition to an expert understanding of recreating realism.
- Driven to continually learn new processes and techniques and share them with the team.
- The ideal candidate is an accomplished developer who is excited about guiding and mentoring a team of remote artists.
- Proficiency with material shader creation and editing.
- Knowledge of Houdini, Gaea, and/or Quixel is a plus.
- Experience with outsourcing and external development.
Annual Salary Range: $110,000 - $145,000
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our ranges are based on California market rate regardless of work location in the US.
Find out more about our benefits and team on our careers page!
Bad Robot Games recruiters will never ask you for money or to provide financial information during our recruiting process. Scammers often request money transfers for Visa processing fees or travel expenses, as well as personal information including passport info, social security numbers, credit card or bank account information.Bad Robot Games recruiters will never use personal email (including @gmail) accounts when contacting candidates. We also do NOT interview or screen candidates over messenger or text-based chat. All communication will be tied to badrobotgames.com
Bad Robot Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.