This job might no longer be available.
Senior Environment Artist - SUMO NEWCASTLE
2 months ago
We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sumo Newcastle joined the Sumo Digital family in January of 2018. As a former CCP Games studio, we have a solid history of cutting-edge development, and now with Sumo, a spectacular future of ‘AAA’ game development for some of the biggest and best publishers in the world.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo , winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio ; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo Newcastle
We have an extraordinary opportunity for an experienced Senior Environment Artist to join an experienced team currently working on an unannounced 3rd person multiplayer action title.
You will be a core pillar of the art team and help determine the final look and feel of our stunning environments. The ideal candidate will have a strong drive to achieve the agreed vision, and is well versed in working as part of team of experienced artists.
Within this role you will:
- You will be responsible for creating a very high quality of environment art.
- Have a keen eye for level design and a strong ability to communicate ideas and collaborate with a design team.
- Should be able to mentor and work well with others
- Proactively seek feedback from Lead Artists & Creative Directors
- Ensure that the artistic style of the game is consistently implemented
To be successful you will need to have:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years production working within the games industry
- Proven track record in at least 2 shipped titles (preferably AAA)
- Excellent 3D art skills
- Excellent compositional skills and all-around artistic expertise and flare
- Expertise in 3ds Max, Zbrush, Substance Painter / Designer, Photoshop & other technologies utilized in the production of game art
- Expertise in Unreal Engine 4
- High levels of aesthetic attention to detail.
- Familiarity working and developing in a multi-platform, multi-project environment.
- Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies
- Able to work with a high level of motivation & self-direction.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated and agile
- Have a desire to maintain and keep up excellent file management and clean working files.
What we Offer:
Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific game developers, enjoying over fifteen years of stability and growth. We have UK studios in Sheffield, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leamington Spa, The Chinese Room in Brighton and Red Kite Games in Leeds, along with Sumo Video Games in Pune, India.
We offer a superb benefits package including generous holidays and flexi-time. We care about our people, with an emphasis on the work/life balance and out of office events such as our legendary annual Sumo ‘Big Day Out’, plus epic Christmas parties and much more! Our regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - winning concepts can go on to commercial release, so far including Snake Pass and the upcoming Spyder for Apple Arcade.
We are proud to be in the North-East of England in the Northern Design Centre on the Quayside next to the River Tyne, and will soon move into purpose-built, state-of-the-art facilities nearby. Newcastle was voted the number one place that travellers should visit in 2018 by Rough Guide and has everything that a major European city has to offer; culture, heritage, lively bars and fantastic retail. It is an exciting cosmopolitan city while also boasting plenty of beautiful outdoor space including several beaches less than an hour’s drive away.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built on every team member having the opportunity to shine and have real, meaningful input into the games that we create. We pride ourselves on our positive atmosphere and sociable team who regularly partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime and after-work clubs, and charity fundraising events.