This job might no longer be available.
Senior Environment Artist (Photogrammetry) - Treyarch Vancouver
25 days ago
Job Title:Senior Environment Artist (Photogrammetry) - Treyarch Vancouver
Treyarch is looking for a Senior Environment Artist who is passionate about creating 3D Architectural kits and Biome Assets to join our Photogrammetry team and support our maps by playing a key role in crafting, integrating, and regulating environmental 3D content for our games.
In this role you'll be working alongside a team of outstanding artists who have worked on one of the most successful video game franchises of all time. We're looking for someone passionate about creating realistic art kits using photogrammetry source data that brings our environments to life. If this sounds like you, come our team!
What you'll be doing…
- Collaborating closely with Art Directors, Lead Artists, and Tech Artists to create high quality art kits using photogrammetry as source data in accordance with our projects’ artistic direction, deadlines, and technical requirements.
- Implement feedback from the World Building Team on the content generated by the photogrammetry team.
- Collaborate actively with the Design team on supporting gameplay functionality while achieving believability in content.
- Be directly involved in the development of beautiful corners at early stages of the map cycle to solidify the visual benchmark for our map.
- Ability to multitask across different maps and Game Modes, attending to particular gameplay needs without compromising quality.
- Assist with providing feedback to external vendors on photogrammetry art kit best practices based on the team’s needs.
- Working closely with the Tech Art team to support and define new tools, shaders, features, workflows and related research and development.
- Frequently communicating and collaborating with other Activision studios on content creation best practices and initiatives.
- Act as a trusted gatekeeper for visual quality, performance and efficiency.
- Inspire and mentor fellow artists as a role model of initiative, accountability, and a positive attitude that is welcoming of constructive feedback.
To succeed you should have…
- Proven ability to create high-quality 3D art kits using multiple major 2D and 3D packages (3DS Max, Maya, Reality Capture, ZBrush, Photoshop and Substance) for console hardware (Xbox, Playstation, PC).
- Understanding of multilayered asset creation workflows.
- The ability to capture and process photogrammetry content into in-game assets using Reality Capture or equivalent.
- A solid understanding of PBR standards and surface/light interactions.
- A strong understanding of how 3D environments are assembled in game engines such as Unreal, Unity, Radiant, etc.
- A self-motivated, independent personality and the ability to self-manage to meet deadlines with minimal direction.
- Strong communication skills, being able to proactively update partners with information and assets and feel comfortable in asking for help.
- 5+ years of proven experience working in the game industry, developing 3D content & Materials for next gen games with at least one shipped title.
- A portfolio demonstrating a diversity of photorealistic environmental content in one or more game engines that demonstrate use of real-world scan data and procedurally generated content.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch , and @treyarch on Twitter.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.