Senior Environment Artist - Metal: Hellsinger
19 days ago
From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 29-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 400 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Your Mission in Funcom
As a Senior Environment Artist working on Metal: Hellsinger and upcoming projects , you'll be responsible for creating stunning and immersive environments that transport our players into new worlds. You'll be working closely with our design and art teams to build assets and create environments that are visually striking and seamlessly integrated into our games.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Create high-quality, visually stunning 3D environments and assets
- Work with designers to ensure the gameplay experience is seamless
- Collaborate with the art team to maintain consistent visual quality and style
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior artists
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and techniques
We are looking for someone that has:
- 5+ years of experience as an environment artist in the game industry
- Strong skills in 3D modeling, texturing, lighting, and level design
- Proficient in industry-standard software such as Maya, 3ds max or Blender, ZBrush, and Substance painter
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Passionate about creating visually stunning and immersive environments
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Experience with Unreal game engine.
- You like playing survival games
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Outsiders studio is a professional working environment with international work culture , and close to 6 0 people . Located in Södermalm , in the heart of the game dev scene in Stockholm surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at The O utsiders studio offers a flexible working schedule, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive , challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and w e encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.