Senior Environment Artist / Artiste principal de l'environnement
14 days ago
Are you interested in crafting world class, groundbreaking, environments? Our CORE team, is on the search for an enthusiastic environment artist to join our highly qualified development team building a brand-new creative Unity experience. We are looking for applications from middle and senior level environment artists who love bringing their unique perspective to the table while working with a team of other dedicated creatives. The CORE team in Accelerate Solutions focusses primarily on entertainment based games, film and metaverse client projects. The right new teammate will be someone who can present us with innovative solutions and creative troubleshooting to help us develop award winning products.
In the next 4-12 months, you will be defining, shaping, and supporting the delivery of gameplay environments for working betas alongside a hard-working team at the top of their game!
Long term, you will collaborate with leadership and the wider team over wide-ranging projects to evolve and define the vision of the environments in the experience. This will include pushing the boundaries of what is possible using Unity and real-time 3D!
What you’ll be doing
- Work with Art Directors and Level designers to set theme and tone for sections of the environment.
- Creating detailed environments, buildings, and props from start to finish.
- Working with and mentoring other environment artists.
- Crafting clean game topology, UV’s, bakes and textures.
- Working with Tech Art to set and maintain workflows for the team.
What we’re looking for
- High proficiency of a major 3D software (Maya preferred), Z-Brush, and Substance Painter.
- Excellent high-res and low-poly modelling skills, texture and shader creation within a PBR pipeline as well as demonstrable skill with sculpting.
- Proven understanding of world design, modular building, hard surface modelling and color usage.
- Ability to build exciting worlds full of life and personality.
- A strong technical understanding of memory budgets and game pipelines.
You might also have
- Unity experience
- Substance designer experience
- Organic sculpting skills, level design or layout experience
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.