Senior Engineering Manager
6 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Community is Twitch's special sauce and there's no better way to build community than through chat. This role will report to the director of engineering, and will manage the team responsible for maintaining, iterating, and innovating on the world's highest volume chat system. You will drive initiatives that cultivate a sense of connection and belonging for users, lower latency on message sending, improve message delivery rates, and more.
- Grow a team of engineers, helping them to achieve their goals
- Provide high value projects at a high-quality bar
- Make difficult tradeoffs around short-term and long-term goals
- Foster a vision for the technical future of our Message Delivery System
- Work with Product and Design to build outstanding user experiences
- Respond quickly to the evolving needs of our users
- 5+ years managing engineering teams
- Built and maintained services at scale
- Delivered results while maintaining a high team morale
- Developed and refined processes to improve your team's execution
- Navigated through ambiguous problem spaces
- Experience with Golang, React, and real-time services (irc, websocket, websub , etc )
- Familiarity with Twitch, either as a viewer or creator (or both!)
- Previous experience as an Engineer
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.