Senior Engineering Manager
14 days ago
This is a senior management position on our Engineering team that is primarily focused on managing an array of engineering team members and providing support in developing the strategic direction for the Engineering discipline at Proletariat. The successful individual in this role will have a large amount of experience working on a game development team and deep technical knowledge to apply to everyday and unique scenarios, while also maintaining a passion for mentoring, developing, and growing talent on their team. At its core, this position will balance business needs with the interests, strengths, weaknesses, and growth goals of direct reports to produce highly-functioning teams.
- Managing and developing up to 10 local or remote independent contributor or management direct reports across all active Proletariat products
- Guiding direct reports in setting near & long-term goals for their skill and career growth
- Mentoring management direct reports on how to execute management responsibilities for their own direct reports
- Collaborating with Engineering Management to cultivate and promote an Engineering team culture consistent with Proletariat’s values that provides psychological safety and encourages curiosity, cooperation, and humility
- Sustaining this environment through participating in the development of staffing plans, hiring, performance management, and compensation review processes laid out by the company
- Improving team efficiency through sharing knowledge and cross-training.
- Identifying dependencies or gaps in processes and using that knowledge to inform process improvements and technical design/architecture decisions
- Conducting code reviews as needed
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 8+ years of professional game development experience working on a team
- 3+ of Supervisory experience
- Previous experience working in UnrealEngine4 or a similar game engine
- Familiarity working in 3D programming language, C++ preferred
- Experience with web technologies such as RESTful APIs, node.js, redis, and cloud technologies such as AWS, Google Cloud, or similar services is preferred.