Senior Engineering Manager, SDK
3 days ago
Job Posting TitleSenior Engineering Manager, SDK
SummaryThe Big Fish CentralTech team is looking for a passionate and excited Technical Manager to oversee the SDK team. We are looking for an individual who has a proven track record of leading service-oriented teams in support of our partner game teams located all around the world.
As the SDK manager, you will help define the technology direction and the roadmap by working with a product manager, director of client engineering and business stakeholders. You will also help grow, manage, and mentor Unity/iOS/Android software engineers, QA specialists, SDETs and automation engineers to develop and maintain our core SDK platform, which is the backbone of all Big Fish Games. This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact on what being a world class publisher means.
Big Fish Games is a player-centric game publisher that has been influential to the game development world over the last 20 years. Distinguished by its value-driven, collaborative, and inclusive culture, Big Fish continues to innovate the game experience, build community and connections through games, and craft meaningful games played by millions.
Big Fish has an extensive portfolio of popular casual games across genres including EverMerge, Big Fish Casino, JMS, Gummy Drop, Cooking Craze, Fairway Solitaire. Big Fish is dedicated to delivering amazing experiences for players to connect, compete and discover play, anywhere and on any device.
Big Fish is part of Aristocrat Leisure Limited.
- Oversee and manage the Internal SDK team, which includes partner teams based in Canada and South America.
- Work with game studios to integrate and support the SDK
- Assist in defining technical strategy and roadmaps that align with being a world class publisher
- Provide technical guidance and support to internal and external teams
- Collect the challenges that our game developers are facing and translate them into a technical solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical people across varied disciplines
- Deep understanding of the mobile gaming free-to-play space from MVP to production
- Extensive experience with a broad range of technologies used to develop and test applications running on mobile platforms
- Experience developing software on Unity, iOS and Android platforms
- Awareness of build/release automation and world class quality practices
- A growth mindset and willingness to learn new skills
- Experience leading a diverse group of senior engineers in an open and collaborative work environment
- Being an organized problem solver and understanding how to prioritize among many competing activities and stakeholders
- Have exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Able to identify risks early and often and suggest several possible solutions
- Able to collect regulatory and platform requirements, communicate with the legal department to create the plan and provide the technical support to the partner developers
- Experience of developing software in Agile/scrum methodology
- Extensive experience in QA, unit test, automation and release
- Shipped at least one mobile F2P game at scale
- Able to quickly analyze client and server architectures to identify scaling, security, or architectural issues
- Never afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Able to interface with external partners and vendors efficiently and effectively
- Game development experience with Unity/C#
- Experience of making, skipping and maintaining a client SDK to pubic or partner developers
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
LocationSeattle, WA, US
Job familyBig Fish Games
Time TypeFull time
CompanyBig Fish Games
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.