This job might no longer be available.
Senior Engineering Manager - QA Automation
San Francisco, CA
4 months ago
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with democratized access to fun, fair and skill-based competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make eSports accessible to anyone, anywhere with a mobile device.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we’re looking for:
You're excited to build an amazing product for the esports industry while building a great team around you. You take pride in doing things the “right” way and you’re willing to continuously improve your team’s processes. You’re excited to play a key role in product development and you’re eager to work closely with both the product team and a beta-user community to perfect our product. You love the idea of working at a startup because it means your fingerprints will be on everything we build.
What you'll do:
- Participate with senior engineering management in developing a long-term technology road map.
- Recruit, hire and motivate world class QA automation engineers in San Francisco and Portland
- Manage and continuously improve the product development process, participate in code and design reviews.
- Partner with product owners and program managers to help plan releases and schedule development. Provide estimates and initial assessments for proposed development tasks. Track and report progress of projects against key milestones. Balance resources with task assignments.
- Define key quality KPIs and metrics for product teams and the QA team itself.
- Defend and protect production systems from issues. Maintain highest bar of quality possible for all releases.
- Create, maintain and promote an inclusive, and high-performance culture, provide support for your teams’ career growth and personal development.
- 8+ years of industry experience.
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on automation and 3+ years of experience as a manager.
- Experience with testing high-availability distributed production systems
- Experience in designing, developing, and maintaining scalable test automation solutions for iOS, Android, Web and/or REST APIs
- Outstanding organizational, project management, people, collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, multitask, and work independently in a dynamic, rapidly changing workplace
- Working knowledge of Python or Ruby or Java
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Start up experience strongly preferred.
Monday breakfast, Friday lunch, Daily dinners, Annual retreats, Good benefits & Equity.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status .