Senior Engineering Manager - Frostbite Foundation
18 days ago
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team develops creative engine features and cutting-edge tools that let our game makers create stunning games. We’re honored to have thousands of game developers worldwide using Frostbite as they create some of the industry’s best-known titles and amazing player experiences. Join us as we help shape the future of gaming with Frostbite.
Why join the Frostbite Team?
The Frostbite Foundation team develops technologies that are the fundamental building blocks of the Frostbite engine. The team works at the lowest level across a range of domains, including concurrency, memory systems, and math libraries. You will be a part of daily interactions with many of the most experienced engineers in the company to help solve our most engaging problems, working on the latest hardware, and you will be part of a team that is passionate about pushing our technologies forward.
As a Senior Engineering Manager in Frostbite Foundation you will:
- Hire, motivate, and manage engineers to implement the Frostbite product roadmap.
- Manage retention, efficiency, and overall sustainable team health.
- Grow individual's careers by providing feedback, coaching and mentoring
- Be accountable for and improve your team’s code quality, productivity, and team health by promoting Frostbite standards and implementing software development best practices
- Coach teams to become highly effective, using agile principles and practices
- Foster a culture of diversity to empower teams by encouraging an inclusive environment where all opinions are heard
- Work with Frostbite leaders to plan development work, monitor workload, and communicate progress against commitments
- Collaborate with Engineers on the team, Technical Directors, Product Owners, Program Managers and other Engineering Managers
- You have 7 years of hands-on experience developing software
- You have 5 or more years of leading software teams
- You have experience managing engineers as direct reports
- You have demonstrated a servant leadership mindset in your teams
- You have experience working in engineering teams combining practical R&D and product delivery and support
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience in game development, game engine work, and C++
- Understanding of modern C++, concurrency, profiling and optimizing for modern CPU architectures.