This job might no longer be available.
Engineering Manager - Frostbite
24 days ago
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
As a Senior Engineering Manager (or Engineering Manager), you will be a leader in the Animation and Cinematics team, reporting to the Director of Engineering of the Product Area. You will work with other Frostbite leaders in solving challenges across teams. You will help coach engineers on the team. You will be part of a team that is passionate about Animation and Cinematics and help push our technologies forward while having fun. Our team oversees the development of the platform that animation technologies in EA are built upon.
- Ensure product quality by coordinating engineers, QA and technical artists to ensure a solid testing strategy is in place
- Help determine software development best practices
- Directly oversee the career development of engineers on the team
- Help recruit and grow the team
- Work with the Technical Director and Product Manager to ensure production work has a well-defined design and that any local and global architecture effects are understood
- Work with the Program Managers to help build solid plans and track the progress of commitments
- Work with important partners in Frostbite to promote changes across the organization
- 3+ years experience in a similar role managing people and teams
- 5+ years experience developing quality software
- BSc degree in Computer Science or related academic program
- Experience in C# or C++ tools development
- Experience with complex codebase
- Knowledge or experience in game engine development
- Passion for video games
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.