Royal Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
8 days ago
Role Overview – Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Engineer you will be instrumental in taking game titles through development, to release and live operation.
- Work as a key member of the Engineering Team to design and implement game systems and project features
- Collaborate with the Engineering Lead to conceive and maintain a high standard of technical architecture
- Assist with planning, work estimation and task scheduling
- Work with the other departments to complete work on time to a high standard
- Mentor Engineering Team members
- Adhere to and enforce good engineering practices and company tech standards
- Care about the games we are making and how they can be better.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong engineering skills are essential. You have a high level of C++ or C# experience, and a passion for problem solving
- Experience in multiple areas of game development technology
- You have shipped multiple game titles preferably in a Senior Engineer role
- You have great communication skills
- You care about the development process and improve it at every opportunity
- Experience developing and shipping titles using a game engine. Unity experience is a bonus.
- Experience with client/server technologies is beneficial, as well as experience with networking, database engines and server infrastructure
- Experience with running a live product, regular update releases and LiveOps is beneficial.
Why work at HARDlight?
- Industry leading competitive salary & benefits. Including (but not limited to), Family Healthcare, Pension
- Flexible working hours
- Season ticket loan for Rail travel
- Generous Developer Bonus Scheme
- Free breakfast and fruit
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team, developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue
- Based in the ‘Heart of England' in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London & Birmingham.